Contributor

4 reps in 2 days to transfer a number.

The service connection crackles and they blame the weather.

Everyone was to "call back" so I did not have to wait on the line.

I still do not know the problem of this transfer. I do know that the crackling of the connections makes it unbearable to communicate.

We just want an inexpensive back up phone using the number we have had for years on an old cell phone..

Trac also said .....

I could go to any store that sells Tracfone and they would help. Well, went to Walmart (their electronics people are very good at mine) and was told that Walmart does not have a contract with Tracfone and that are not permitted to do ANYTHING except sell it to the customer.  They gave me the name of a place, almost 2 hours away that may help but to call first if they still have the contract for service.... a Tracfone store.

Target said that they cannot help with anything TRAC - even though they sell them - because they did not pick up the service contract. They told me to call QVC customer service..... who referred me back to TRAC.

They are doing the call back in 5-7 minutes.... about 25 minutes ago. I told them just to give me a new number.  He said I would have to create a new email address because my old number is linked to my email.  What???? I never had email set up on the other phone.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tracfone Customer "service"

My own experience with Tracfone has been awful.  There is no customer service!!!  I have an older model and there is so much that doesn't work on it.  However, I can't afford to buy one of those expensive,  fancy phones, so I'm stuck with it.  I would never recommend Tracfone to anyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another one that 'used to be' a good option. Then they got Verizonized and now they pretty much stink. I've been with them for years but am going with a different provider very soon. It's really a shame, as I'd been most satisfied until recently.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I just had a very positive experience with Tracfone last month.  I just recently lost my  tracfone and got another one.   Even though I didn't have my old phone, I called CS and within 15 minutes phone activated and  all my data minutes, etc transferred over and within a few hours all my contacts, added apps and photos from the phone I lost also appeared.  

Contributor

All I wanted was my number transferred to my new QVC Samsung.  I thought it was going to be as easy as yours was.  I am glad you had such a positive experience.  That is how it should be!

Valued Contributor

Have you tried doing it online rather than speaking to someone?

Respected Contributor

@ConsumReporter     Just clarifying: The old cellphone was still active when you requested the transfer. Right?

Respected Contributor

I think things have changed a bit since Verizon took over.  My experience has been that the chat feature works best vs phone call.   Also, if you do chat, you can keep a copy of it for any problems down the road. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@ConsumReporter     Just clarifying: The old cellphone was still active when you requested the transfer. Right?

The phone I lost was not turned on so did not need old phone turned on.  Seems there is more to this than just keeping same number.  

@ConsumReporter  I have both my phone and my SO's activated using my email address.  That should have been a simple online transfer by you with no need for CS anyway.  

Respected Contributor

@Pook   I'm not asking if @ConsumReporter 's phone was turned on. Was it still in service? Tracfone reassigns  phone numbers quickly after service date has expired. It would make a transfer impossible.