Contributor

Today I received someone else's order

Today, I received a box from QVC.  I was waiting on a pair of Clark's Red TSV sandals, size 7,  The outside of the box was addressed to me at my address, but inside the box was a different pair of Clark's - size 9 wide. The invoice was addressed to someone in NJ.  I called customer service and the girl I spoke with kept on saying that she was sorry this happened.  Apparently the woman in NJ received my Clark's - size 7 in Red sandals.  I was not happy that my name, address and order was delivered to a complete stranger.  I was also told that I would have to wait again for my sandals because the Clarks's sandal I ordered in red was on back order and that I may not receive it.  I didn't think that was fair since none of  this mixup was of my doing.  The customer service rep asked if I wanted to cancel the order since it was on back order and there was no guarantee that I would receive it. I decided that I would cancel.  I was disappointed in QVC's lack of caring for my experience as a customer.

Valued Contributor

Re: Today I received someone else's order

That’s happened to me twice, once from Nordstrom and once from QVC.  I feel like when dealing with a large volume that this is bound to happen.  I’m sorry your disappointed but, it’s shoes, not a kidney.

Respected Contributor

A few months ago I got the wrong medical report from the vet.  I have a 13 year old, 13 pound poodle.  The report was for a 14 year old 60 or 70 pound dog.  The vet insisted the info I receied on the phone, prior to getting the written report was for my dog, but it was clearly for the larger dog.  I wasn't a happy camper!

Trusted Contributor

@Anvar, I’d find that extremely annoying and frustrating. Neither customer got their order, some privacy issues were inadvertently violated, and you wind up canceling because there’s no point in waiting for an iffy backorder. 

In the big big scheme of things it’s a glitch, not a crisis, but it’s a bummer. Cheer up, lots of red sandals to find elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

The first time I had that happen to me here I thought that they just sent the wrong size and I marked it on the return slip, slapped on the Q label and sent it back not even looking at the address on the packing slip.  After a few weeks it hadn’t showed up as a credit so I got the packing slip out (which I always save until everything is credited) so I could call about it and then looked more closely and realized it had someone else’s name on the slip.  So it ended up being credited back to the person on the packing slip and not me. Luckily I was able to get it straightened out. 

Honored Contributor

A  decent company would have offered you at least a gift certificate for the mistake and your not getting what you ordered. 

Honored Contributor

@Anvar.  I can believe you'd accuse QVC of being uncaring because they can't pull a pair of red shoes out of thin air for you.  If they don't have any, what do you expect them to do?  I find my clothing wait list orders usually get filled but you rejected that idea.  Hope you're able to overcome your disappointment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anvar wrote:

Today, I received a box from QVC.  I was waiting on a pair of Clark's Red TSV sandals, size 7,  The outside of the box was addressed to me at my address, but inside the box was a different pair of Clark's - size 9 wide. The invoice was addressed to someone in NJ.  I called customer service and the girl I spoke with kept on saying that she was sorry this happened.  Apparently the woman in NJ received my Clark's - size 7 in Red sandals.  I was not happy that my name, address and order was delivered to a complete stranger.  I was also told that I would have to wait again for my sandals because the Clarks's sandal I ordered in red was on back order and that I may not receive it.  I didn't think that was fair since none of  this mixup was of my doing.  The customer service rep asked if I wanted to cancel the order since it was on back order and there was no guarantee that I would receive it. I decided that I would cancel.  I was disappointed in QVC's lack of caring for my experience as a customer.

@Anvar

In the “old days” your complete Q member number was printed on the label too so, even more of your info with someone else. 

Sometimes the orders don’t get switched and there is an entire string of orders sent to the wrong people. One customer service rep told me that with the automation, if they get off by one, then a whole series will be wrong.

(Ironically, one of mine that went to somewhere else was a pair of Clark's red flats!)  

I’ve had this happen at least a half dozen times. One time, it eadn’t even close to being the same item even!  (I ordered a sweater and received someone else’s throw).  

Remember to follow up on your account and make sure you don’t get charged for the return of your item if whoever got yours sends it back. 

Trusted Contributor

Had something similar happen to me today for the very first time.  Received correct item in correct color and shoe size, however, the return label was to another person in RI.  I'm in NY.  ?

Respected Contributor

Mistakes do happen!

This has happened to me twice with QVC!

Just be glad it wasn't with a doctor. I had an endoscopy a few months ago and received a report that I had mild inflammation in my colon!...What...???😲 Lol!

Doctor said she must have coded it wrong. Didn't believe me until I pulled out the letter.😱

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran