Valued Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tired Of Preparing My Order...Want To Cancel

I ordered an item on 9/18. On 9/21, it says "preparing your order". At this point, I just no longer want the item and am not allowed to cancel. Fed up with QVC's poor customer service!!!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tired Of Preparing My Order...Want To Cancel

@Sapphiregal    There should be a policy that if your item has not shipped in 5 or 7 days (whatever), you can cancel.  You should not have to wait so long.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal   When I am placing an order before I click to accept, I check its accuracy for sure, but I also check the final price including fees and taxes but I also look at the EDD.   If I don't okay what I see, I don't order.

So far for all the time I've been reading about QVC's issues, no matter the days order status says they are preparing, only one item ever arrived after their original estimate --  and most of the country was snowed under that time!

I just watched my last order being prepared for days and it arrived in my box in perfect condition 2 days before its promise.   

I don't mind waiting.  I don't order often and for the most part, I have already been searching fruitlessly in my favorite local shops. I have every national chain you can name except Nieman within a few miles of me plus several Florida chains.  Unless what arrives is inferior in some way, I'm happy it's here.  

Honored Contributor

I'm never is a big rush on anything I order from the Q.  I don't mind waiting.  However, I usually receive everything in a reasonable amount of time.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   lol  I also think companies shouldn't charge me upfront or require me to buy something extra I really don't want at the time in order to get free shipping, but how realistic is that for the world we live in?

But I already get good CS from QVC because my orders do arrive by the time they said they would when I agreed to buy them. 

Honored Contributor

I think the OP is saying that she ordered the item 3-4 days ago and it is still in "preparing order" mode.  Maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think she is "preparing the order," but QVC is preparing it and they are slow in doing so.  She wants it in the air, on the road and in her home, not in "prep" state.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of the last items I ordered was preparing to order immediately, once I hit place order, and stayed like that for 3 days.

On the 4th day it read  in transit at 4 AM. when I looked outside my door at 11: AM, 7 hrs later,  it had been delivered; much to my delight.

My point, maybe it is being shipped directly from a manufacturer and everyone may not be in synch, or on the same page. 

I can understand your frustration; especially if it is an item you need to wear for an occasion.

I hope you receive it soon.

Respected Contributor

I seldom order anymore.....there was a time when I would check to see if the item had shipped...no more it gets here when it gets here....

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal, have you been charged for the item? (Not a hold but a charge.) Do you have an estimated delivery date? Do you have a tracking number?

I suspect that if the answer is yes to any of those questions than the item is on its way. My items often arrive before expected. 

I'm the type of person who would rather contact customer service during a weekday and not on a Sunday. But I find their customer service to be fine and have always been satisfied when I've contacted them.

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I think the OP is saying that she ordered the item 3-4 days ago and it is still in "preparing order" mode.  Maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think she is "preparing the order," but QVC is preparing it and they are slow in doing so.  She wants it in the air, on the road and in her home, not in "prep" state.

@Nonametoday 

That's it exactly!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.