Honored Contributor

Re: Three packages “delivered” but not here

[ Edited ]

Last summer, UPS delivered a neighbor's package to my front door.  It was very heavy so I called UPS and told them about the mistake.  They said their driver would pick up it but couldn't say when.  One or two days later, I called UPS again to remind them but, again, they couldn't say when they'd return.  (Mind you, I live in a suburban area where we see UPS trucks daily.)  Three days later, this big box was still on my front patio and I needed the space to re-pot plants.  Fed up, I moved the package myself to my neighbor's front door - it wasn't easy.

The other amazing thing is that the neighbor didn't come looking.  Surely UPS could have told them where it was.  Also, the neighbor didn't say thank you, but I expected that.

Honored Contributor

You need to be contacting UPS.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Frequent Contributor

UPDATE - All 3 packages showed up on my porch mid morning today.  Very bizarre!  I don't know who delivered them but they looked like they were thrown (and delivery people usually place packages (on top of each other) neatly).  Two out of the three are being returned though.  What a mess.  

Super Contributor

I've had this happen a couple of times. Fortunately for me, the house where they were left belonged to really nice people who drove them to my house!

Honored Contributor

@emvhhardy wrote:

UPDATE - All 3 packages showed up on my porch mid morning today.  Very bizarre!  I don't know who delivered them but they looked like they were thrown (and delivery people usually place packages (on top of each other) neatly).  Two out of the three are being returned though.  What a mess.  

The people receiving them initially must have been unhappy about having to do UPS's job.  I don't blame them.  UPS should extend a thank you or service credit to such helpers.  But it's good you got your packages.