Frequent Contributor

Three packages “delivered” but not here

I have 3 QVC packages that I have been tracking for days. They were all delayed due to weather. They were supposed to be delivered on the 21st but kept getting delayed each day since and finally went out for delivery with “delivered” on tracking today (25th). Supposedly, they were left at the “front door” but I have been home all day, went immediately outside to check once UPS, etc. were here and have looked everywhere. Long story short - none of these packages are here and only one can be replaced (other 2 - one sold out and the other backordered). I’m so disappointed. Has this happened to anyone else? These were all with UPS.
Regular Contributor

Re: Three packages “delivered” but not here

Today I was expecting a Chewy package and a Walmart package. I saw the FedEx truck pull in my neighbors driveway and take a Chewy package and a Walmart package to their front door. I knew they were my packages so I ran out and asked the driver if those had my name on.  Indeed they were mine. If I had not seen that they would have shown as delivered but not to my address.

Super Contributor

Do you have another door that you rarely go through? I had a co-worker one time who always came home through her back door--her and her entire family. They never went through the front door. I once had a package delivered to their house, and she kept saying that it was not there. Finally, someone else suggested that she look at the front door. It was there. Especially if it's a new driver, he/she may leave the package at the first door he/she sees. 

Also, check with a neighbor, if you have neighbors. We've had a few delivery people to accidently deliver our neighbor's packages to us. 

Frequent Contributor

I checked next door and two houses across the street - not my packages - and yes, I have checked everywhere on my property. I’m really disappointed and frustrated.
Super Contributor

Ok--one more suggestion. Did USPS deliver these packages? I know that the carriers are tracked, literally. Whenever they scan a package, the local post office knows exactly what address they are at. Ask for either a postmaster or supervisor at your local post office. 

If this is UPS or FedEx, I don't know about them. Still, maybe if you could get in contact with the local distribution center, they could question the driver if he/she remembers. I don't know if the drivers are tracked. 

Honored Contributor

It's not unusual for UPS to quit for the day before everything's delivered but mark them "delivered" but finish up the next day.  Don't dispair yet.  They may come tomorrow.  Let us know. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

happened to me recently. Fedex if I recall correctly delivered 3 packages from 3 different places to my neighbors door. Don't even know that neighbor, but he brought them to me...thankfully. Houses are clearly marked.

Honored Contributor

FedEx is famous for having drivers without basic reading skills.  All my big shipping disasters have been with FedEx. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@emvhhardy wrote:
I have 3 QVC packages that I have been tracking for days. They were all delayed due to weather. They were supposed to be delivered on the 21st but kept getting delayed each day since and finally went out for delivery with “delivered” on tracking today (25th). Supposedly, they were left at the “front door” but I have been home all day, went immediately outside to check once UPS, etc. were here and have looked everywhere. Long story short - none of these packages are here and only one can be replaced (other 2 - one sold out and the other backordered). I’m so disappointed. Has this happened to anyone else? These were all with UPS.

I live in a neighborhood (HOA) of about 400 homes.  Many of our road names are similar.  Some of my packages have been delivered by UPS, Fed EX, USPS...you name it to a different home in my neighborhood with the same street numbers and similar street name.  We've have goten their mail too.  We just give it back to each other.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • The mailman told me sometimes the Post Office will show a package has been delivered, but it could be the next day or so before it actually is........