Super Contributor

This popped up on my Facebook feed today

I have become very skeptical of products that come up on my Facebook feed because 9 times out of 10 I find out they are from foreign suppliers.

This seller claims that these Birkenstocks are highly  recommended on QVC!

Maybe someone at QVC could check into this company since they are trying to use QVC's name to sell their products!

AA9A22AC-8602-4D5B-BCA9-B4F8EC206001.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This popped up on my Facebook feed today

@Tuffcookie wrote:

I have become very skeptical of products that come up on my Facebook feed because 9 times out of 10 I find out they are from foreign suppliers.

This seller claims that these Birkenstocks are highly  recommended on QVC!

Maybe someone at QVC could check into this company since they are trying to use QVC's name to sell their products!

AA9A22AC-8602-4D5B-BCA9-B4F8EC206001.jpeg

@Tuffcookie  this has been going on for a while and it's not just QVC alone. Other Companies are mentioned also. The sad part is that some people don't pay attention and order whatever is mentioned and then they are surprised with what they receive. A see a few items daily on FB.

There were also a few Threads here about that practice.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

By the way, does QVC sell Birkenstock? I thought it was HSN.

If I was interested I saw on FB I would check the website mentioned first.

Honored Contributor

@Tuffcookie It would have been nice if you had put Birkenstocks in your title. . . 

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing 90% of the ads on Facebook are scams.  I wouldn't let myself be tempted by any of them. You'll get a cheap quality, lesser product than what's pictured.  These "QVC" ads are definitely a scam and have nothing to do with QVC.  They don't even sell Birkenstock products.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

A co-worker of mine got scammed on Facebook when she clicked on one of these ads. She thought she was buying a set of T-fal pans from Walmart.

She lost her money, never received any pans and a few weeks later her bank account was drained and identity stolen. It took her several months and a lot of work to get the bank to give her money back.

My boss's husband clicked an ad on Facebook to buy a too good to be true $19.99 hammock. He actually got something from the company months later (slow boat from China)....only it was a Barbie doll sized hammock and came in a small envelope. She is always trying to keep him off of Facebook. He won't listen. He's in his 80s and unfortunately very gullible.

Respected Contributor

I only responded once to a FB ad.........it was a coupon for a new brand of hummus sold at Publix and it was legitimate.  

The funniest thing I did was change my sex on FB from femaile to male.  Very interesting to see how the ads changed.  Might change it again just for giggles. 

Honored Contributor

I heard tonight that internet scams should be reported to the consumer products division of the Federal Trade Commission.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment