Honored Contributor

Today I received this email:

Thanks for your 03/16/18 order for: (1) Chambray,Small Kilronan Merino Wool Tree of Lif (Item# A240754). Unfortunately, we've learned that this item is not available for immediate shipment. We're truly sorry that we're unable to ship your order as promised.

If we're unable to get additional quantities of this item, you'll be notified of your order cancellation with our regrets.

You may view, modify, or cancel this order by clicking on http://www.qvc.com/OrderStatus. You can also call Customer Service at 800.367.9444 from 7am to 1am eastern time, 7 days a week.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Your satisfaction is important to us.

Best Regards,

The QVC Customer Care Team

So, once again, Q has oversold an item, which was aired, and aired, and aired.  Now you learn that it is not available.  Is it a coincidence that this was one of the least expensive, if not the least expensive of the Irish sweaters offered?  

I did not order this item on 'waitlist'.  The order was confirmed and the funds taken immediately.

Lately this lack of planning happens way too often.

P.S. Giving permission to cancel under the circumstances is just a bit patronizing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe yes nice gesture giving you permission to cancel the order they can’t fulfill.That stinks...call CS and maybe if one gets cancelled or you are willing to try a return they will put you on top of the list. The customer satisfaction seems to be a little lacking these days.

Respected Contributor

It just boogles my mind that qvc doesn't have an item counter for the ordering system. The have a certain amount that can be sold and counts down. That way you do not over sell. In my younger days, many, many years ago. I worked in the office of a very large card/stationary company. They had those type of things way back then! Even on registers at the checkout stand now a days they can see how many of an item is left in the system.  qvc needs a major systems overhaul. It is just whether they want to put the money into it to make it easier on their customers.

Honored Contributor

They surely don't have a problem telling us how many have been sold and how many there are left in each and every color multiple times, do they?  Why then are they unable to pull the plug when they reach the maximum they have to sell?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Hope they returned your money as quickly as they took it!  This is just another example why I rarely shop here.  Hate the tactics the Q is using.  If you don't have it, tell folks.  Zero customer service.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe.  Its possible they didn't actually debit your account but did that trial run they typically do to assure the account is legit and has the money to pay for it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I so agree with you on this one. I ordered four of Valerie Parhill’s hurricanes in green. When I ordered them they were in stock as I did not get a waitlist notification. All is well and a week later I get three separate email notifications telling me that three out of the four items are on a waitlist, blah blah blah! However instead of calling me to ask if I still wanted the fourth one they just sent it and as we all know the forever “in process” comment was on the item and I could not cancel the order. The one item arrived and it was exactly what I have been looking for and now I won’t get the other three!

I am very unhappy with QVC on this one and I called customer service and informed them that if I didn’t get the other three items in 45 days I would be returning the one that was sent to me and I was not going to pay for the return postage and a credit to QVC was not acceptable because the item being returned would be past 30 days. I expect a credit to my credit card...original payment method.

QVC, I wish you would get your act together. This seems to be happening much to frequently!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Drythe.  Its possible they didn't actually debit your account but did that trial run they typically do to assure the account is legit and has the money to pay for it.

@Kachina624

A nice thought, but nope, I was charged in full.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
QVC Customer Care

@Drythe  I apologize for any inconvenience with your order.  I will forward your feedback.  I hope the item comes in for you soon.  

Respected Contributor

I got the same email but they had already cancelled the order.  I didn't even have the opportunity to choose for myself.