Trusted Contributor

Re: This is HSN who was slow till you cancel

@Kachina624 I'm so sorry about your loss. I lost my only children, twins in 1981. Having been through homelessness, hunger and other things I served 10 years in military and became a professional in medical field for 28 years.....then this illness took it all away.... has me in and out of hospice now. Sometimes when I get down I wonder if I "belong" in these forums.......some seem so fortunate to me.....sometimes I get to feeling "less than" Then I am reminded that some too have had great loss. Thank you for reminding me......because when I read some of the complaints .....not all know how fortunate they truly are.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Your post was perfect.

I'm the mom of 3 daughters.  We argue one minute and the next we are hugging it out.

Maybe I'm lucky because like many of you, from the minute I laced eyes o my baby girls...well I knew how lucky I was.

Mothers and daughters. Daughters and mothers.  It's complicated and not at the same time.

I don't give a rat's ****** about HSN and their shipping policy.

I do care (and fervently hope) the rift between mother and daughter can heal in shorter time than it took for her (the Op) to come here and post her anger here.

It's really sad that this mother can't see how lucky she is to have a daughter.

Hopefully, as she reads our posts, she'll be able to see through her anger.  I think we all would like to see another post from her that says, "Life is good.  Daughter and mother hugged it out".

Now @Tigerfish2  go ahead..and with arms stretched out, hug that daughter and thank God for giving her to you.

Go on  now......

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    Well, SOMEBODY has to "take the blame".   One time, the cash drawer in one of our  restaurants was robbed.   "Management" wanted to know WHY I didn't call 911.   Had to tell them:  "Because I work in a back office in a different building."

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 beautifully stated. Now between you and @Kachina624 maybe I will finally be adopted! (Smiles) I too am hoping OP realized how blessed she is and hugs her daughter! Hugs to You! Xxxxxxxx Stormy

Honored Contributor

I've told this story before so some of you can skip this post.

About 2 years ago my daughter and I were having one of our loud and in your face argument about politics.

We were at her house.  The kids were in school and her husband was at work.

It was just the two of us.

Suddenly there was a faint knock at the door.

My daughter said,"Oh my gosh mom...that's the Brownie lady".

She opened the door to find a sweet looking lady...walking away.

My daughter yelled, "Sandy, I'm here.  My mom and I were just discussing politics."

Sandy, very hesitantly said, "Jennifer.  I apologize.  When I heard yelling, I figured I should come back another time."

I was standing next to Jennifer.  She stretched out both arms and drew me close to her, giving me a long hug.

Then she said, "My mom and I were discussing politics..  it's all good."

"We both felt strongly that each was right".

Jennifer gave me a kiss on the cheek, as I did the same to her.

The point to all this is to demonstrate that when it comes to your children, you never leave each other angry.

I've always taught my girls that nothing is important enough to come between us.  They were taught to call each other for advice.

Just recently my youngest daughter was having problems at her job.  I found out she'd call her older sister for advice.

That's when I realized all of the times I'd said for them to ask each other for advice stuck.

We moms go through life raising our children, hoping some of our words of wisdom will stick in the kid's memory.

When we see (and hear) that they are actually doing it, it brings joy to our hearts.

You ladies remember what it's like when it seems like all you've done is argue with your teenager (especially if it's a daughter).

Then that delicious, magnificent child,will give you a smile before going off to bed...and you know it's all gonna work out, as you close your eyes and drift off to sleep...

Honored Contributor

The next day? I don't know any retailer that will let you cancel an order the next day. Once you complete the order, it's done.

I am sorry about the issue with your daughter. Don't be mean back because it'll only get worse. Life is too short.

Honored Contributor

@Tigerfish2   You're mad at HSN because it did an excellent job in shipping your items quickly???  

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl @Kachina624  Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry for the losses you have suffered. Your words made me tear up. I have one son, just turned 52, who is my treasure.

Stormygirl, you are incredibly brave to have dealt with all the things life has visited upon you. I wish you all the very best.

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl    It's sad to hear about your life and the loss of your babies.  You've had some very unfortunate things happen to you but seem to have a hopeful attitude.  I wish we could say or do something to make your life easier.  I know your illness has been going on for a long time as I've followed your story here.  Are you ever able to get out at all?   Do you have any sort of support system?

We have one thing in common; I also served in the military. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Does "xl" mean "cancel?"

Try to find a silver lining.  For example, maybe she'll appreciate your kindness for sending the gift and make nice with you.