There should be a NO CANCELLATION IN RED LETTERS ON CHECKOUT!

I ordered a kid's tablet and literally a few minutes later found a different one that

I wanted instead.  When I went to cancel the order, it said I couldn't cancel at this time

and to check back. I then contacted customer service via chat and was told they would place a cancellation and it would take 72 hours.

The order has NOT been canceled and now I have a notice it is being delivered. 
THIS IS SO MISLEADING TO CUSTOMERS!

Please review your cancellation policy QVC and make it clear to customers!  I have been a customer for years and this has made me rethink ever using QVC again!

Janet King

Valued Contributor

Re: There should be a NO CANCELLATION IN RED LETTERS ON CHECKOUT!

I so agree with this. Give us some time, at least one hour to change our order. I may want to change size or color. Could also cut down on returns. 

Honored Contributor

You have been a QVC customer for years and a mistake will make you reconsider shopping at QVC?  

Saving time & trouble. If I offend you, I am sorry.
Honored Contributor

I doubt if the Q will miss your business.

The long and winding road that leads to your door will never disappear.
Honored Contributor

@Janet King   Another longtime QVC customer here.   

Years ago I let myself fall into the "see it, like it. order it" trap.   I accumulated lots and lots of things I liked, but the key words are lots and lots!

I have a DO NOT ORDER message front and center in my brain now.  When I see some thing I might buy, my message tells me to check my closets or cabinets and to do some research on the computer.  Doesn't mean I don't buy, but it has meant for me that the only things I've had to return weren't because of my own mistake.  

Respected Contributor

I wanted to change my credit card and in the amount of time I pulled up the order to cancel the order immediately Iwas not able to do so? 

I called CS as was instructed and was only told she also could not cancel it but NO explanation. I have done it before but rarely.

I asked to talk to a Supervisor and she called me back with in an hour. She explained that some orders go through with in minutes! She offered to go through a credit card change which seemed to be a long  process so told her to leave it as is. She apologized for not being given a explanation for CS  and admitting they needed more coaching.

I thanked the Supervisor for explaining as CS only said could not cancel but no reason was given. I have been able to change orders before with in a few minutes so I wondered why not this not this time ? 

It sounds as if CS told you it would be cancelled  and they were not correct and that you could send it back with full credit. I hope this helps? It is so frustrating and not consistent.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

You have been a QVC customer for years and a mistake will make you reconsider shopping at QVC?  

I see she is a first time poster.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Macy's cancellation period is 30 minutes. But at least I can return the item in store at no charge. 

Honored Contributor

Sometimes no matter how careful you are mistakes happen. I see nothing wrong with QVC allowing a short grace period to cancel and make that policy clear. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janet King 

@QVCkitty1 @50Mickey @goldensrbest @Gorgf 

Welcome to the QVC forum.

A retailer's policies are just that...they are determined by the retailer according to what benefits that retailer's bottom line at the time. This is my best guess according to how long QVC allows cancellations.

I think these factors determine how long we have to cancel:

1) how desperate is the Q for sales?

2) in that category (ie: Electronics ) how desperate is the retailer for sales? 
3) how many orders do they have for that item? [if an item is in demand and selling out quickly, your chances of being allowed to cancel are better]

4) how backed up is shipping for that item? If shipping is backed up, the seller will not be as anxious to complete the sale and will allow cancellation.

Every seller would probably have a different policy. Amazon allows cancellation usually within a whole day. Macy's requires cancellation within so many minutes after the order is placed.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~