Regular Contributor

Re: The "your connection is not secure" on Google Chrome on QVC

@Kim-QVC wrote:

@Runner26 wrote:

QVC mods - Please forward my concern to the appropriate personell. Here's a screenshot of what I get. When I click "sign in" I'll get a quick "lock" symbol (if you blink you missed it) and it goes to the "i" symbol. I've tried many sites (HSN, Evine, Best Buy, ect., that when I click on their sites to sign in, I get the lock icon). Notice on the screenshot that it's https

2017-03-24 (1).png

Hi @Runner26 - Thank you for your post in our forums, I have forwarded your concern to our IT department.
~Kim

@Kim-QVC - Do you have any update on this issue?

Please note what I'm referring to is when I'm signing on to my account on Q that Google provides us in the url link has the "i" icon, hence, the login and password is unsecure. There's no padlock. At any other sites that I have account with, although most of the sites when initially going on will display "i" (not secure) icon, as soon as I login, I get the appropriate "padlock" icon.

Just an afterthought is that I believe on March 15 when I was placing an order on Q, it asked me for my 3-digit code to the CC on file; this was the first time IIRC that Q asked me for a 3-digit code when placing an order with a CC on file online. 

Again, I'm not referring to a site not being secure/private when browing (as most are unsecure except Amazon), but once you're putting in your private info, it is then secure.

I'm pretty sure I've probably signed into my Q account without paying any attention to check whether the site's secure or not (carelessless, oversight) as I've always took for granted that your site would be secure (the main reason I only shop online at reputable, well-established vendors).

Regular Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Can someone explain to me how huge online shopping sites like QVC, HSN, and Evine can all three NOT be secure? This makes no sense to me. And I just happened to click on the Bath and Body Works site a minute ago and got the same non secure icon. I don't get it. I know absolutely nothing about these matters, but this must be a Chrome issue. How can QVC be secure on IE, and not on Chrome?

Someone out there please explain how all this works to the clueless...ME!     

It's okay if you're just browsing to see if there's anything of interest but anytime you're putting in personal/sensitive info, the site should be secure. Yes, in my experience most of places where I shop are unsecure/not private when i'm just looking to see if anything is of interest, but once I click on "log in", all the sites I've tested I get a secure site.

I've been told never to put in sensitive/personal information because if you're putting info that's not secure, your info could be compromised.

I only use my secured personal wifi or if I need to use data when away from my personal wifi, then I use my carrier data. I never use free wifi.

Regular Contributor

Login page still not secure on Google Chrome Windows 10.

Trusted Contributor

Again today, the whole site isn't working properly!  These frequent problems with this site has me thinking twice about the safety of shopping here.

New Contributor

It is Https:// and it still has an i with a circle around it.. it's scaring me to death!