Contributor

The Q still selling returns as new?

Just a comment that I think QVC is still selling and sending out returned/as is items as new.  I ordered two pairs of Vionic sneakers. Both received the same day. I opened both boxes yesterday to try them on. The navy were completely packaged, each shoe in its own plastic bag, all the Vionic tags and literature in the box, and the laces nicely knotted for shipping. Very obvious they were brand new shoes. 

In the other box, however, laces were completely undone, no plastic bags over either of the shoes, and no Vionic tags/literature. They appeared to have just been thrown into the box.  I checked them over and tried them on, no obvious problems, however, I'm not pleased to think that I paid for, and expected, a brand new item and got someone else's return, without that being disclosed. 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Q still selling returns as new?

If you go to a shoe store they sell shoes people have tried on as new this is no different.

Respected Contributor

This is pretty common in retail.  Back in the day, when I worked retail, we'd always put a returned item back on the selling floor, unless there was something wrong with it. We'd even put a new tag on it if the tag was missing.  I am sure we weren't the only store that did this.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I agree with @Peaches McPhee.  I’ve had this happen quite often, from QVC, as well as just about every other retailer I’ve purchased from.  And it does happen in the brick and mortar stores too.  I don’t mind when the product is okay, but if it has obvious defects and is sent and billed full-price, then I’m not okay with it.

But I’ve also had many products come in their original packaging and never opened let alone used, and still have obvious defects.  That is just as frustrating.

Honored Contributor

My first Vionics came from QVC and are so old I can't remember how they were packaged.  The next 2 pairs came from Zappos and then from Amazon .-  shipped :nude" so to speak, but neither showed any signs of wear.  Scuffed soles would be a sign of used shoes and the soles were fine.

Contributor

Thank you all for the comments.  I do understand about retail.  I guess my expectations for QVC have been too high.  I started purchasing shoes from them because I wanted something that hadn't already been tried on.  Oh, well.  Have a wonderful day, all.

Occasional Contributor

I just received a Berkshire robe for Christmas and the belt to tie it is missing. Customer service is no help. So I will pay to return it. While stores may resell items that are returned, at least I can inspect the garment before I purchase it. Now I have to rebox it and pay for shipping to return.

I also ordered my daughter a pair of Bronzo Italia earrings which came packaged in a Diamonique box.

I ordered a set of 5 Diamonique stud earrings and two of the five pairs are bent.

Ordered a set of Diamonique lever back earrings and they were each in seperate bags with the item number on each bag. Another Christmas gift repackaged.

I explained the situation of all the Christmas gifts this year to the customer service agent. I only wanted the belt to my robe and all she said was return the robe or I'm sorry.

I'm sorry too. I'm sorry for spending my hard earned money on junk and returned items. I NEVER write reviews, but this is unacceptable. While we accept that items we purchase at a department store may have been returned, we can examine the items before we purchase them. When ordering from QVC, QUALITY/VALUE/CONVENIENCE, we expect we are getting new items. Why sell "as is" products when they are clearly selling defective/returns as NEW.

After 20 years of being a loyal QVC customer, I'm done. I used to refer all my friends to QVC, but they have gone downhill. Now I'll be telling all my family and friends to stay away from QVC. Hello Amazon!

QVC Customer Care

@Busybee555 I tried calling you to discuss your order, but I received your voicemail.  Are you available now to discuss the order?

Esteemed Contributor

@Busybee555n I agree with you 100% QVC is no longer the company we once knew and loved!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I am available. I noticed I missed the call and I then called Customer Service. I was told they had no idea why anyone called.