Occasional Contributor

The Problem w/ Auto-Delivery: USED Products

I used to choose Auto Delivery everytime I ordered a beauty item at a good price.

Unfortunately, I no longer feel safe or comfortable doing this.  I am also cancelling many of my plans.

Today I recieved an Auto Ship of Tweak'd.  As has happened frequently lately, the safety seal was removed on 1 of the 2 items in the kit.  The box wreaked of the product aroma.

I am on organ transplant drugs (for the duration of my life).  I cannot risk using contaminated prodcuts.  

I am beginning to think the Q is trying to save money by storing return products & sending them out on the next Auto Ship cycle.   

I am also an environmentalist.  I know that by returning this used product (that I cannot use nor should I have ever received!), it will end up in a landfill.  

QVC:  I know your job is to push product.  But some happy medium has to be found where people aren't enticed to order every product they see on tv then return them to the detriment of your costs and loosing other customers who end up with used products!

Honored Contributor

Re: The Problem w/ Auto-Delivery: USED Products

I'm guessing recycling beauty products would violate state law anywhere in the US and it is not done.  People here have questioned others when they've received products without seals and discovered nobody got them.  There are things that just aren't sealed.

If you think used products end up in landfills when returned, why do you think they're sent to you?

I think your imagination is working overtime.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I agree with you . I too , had the same experience with an auto ship item .   Also , cancelled my auto ship .

Super Contributor

I don't know if this is the case, but it could be that the seal wasn't strong enough to stay sealed from the manufactuer to QVC's warehouse. That's possible.