Honored Contributor

Re: The Hosts Should Address the Shipping Issues ON THE AIR

[ Edited ]

@gunnergab wrote:

I just finished talking with customer service for the 4th time concerning my order from early October .this order was a special time offer ,but not on free shopping day , this order was done several days before then, so I am paying for shipping. I have received several emails and automated phone calls which I have kept stating that I would receive my 2 pair of summer slacks , but they would be delayed with delivery hopefully for Christmas.i again called tonight to ask if could have the address changed since I'm moving to south Florida (I am now in Pa.). Customer service was not very friendly. They said that if your order is in processin(which it wAs in since 5 minutes after placing it ) it can't be changed. They said that it can only be be sent to that address and it will be my responsibility to get it once it is delivered. With all the news about packages being taken from homes especially around the holidays and an empty home  I'm not very happy. I'm just wondering if someone ordering all the things being offered for Christmas , will they receive them for Easter? I realize customer service gets many calls similar to mine and their nerves are on overtime, but being friendly and empathetic .maybe a good inservice program to be given to all QVC employees.

@gunnergab   Why don't you file a change of address with the post office before you move?  Wouldn't you normally do that?  Also, you can direct UPS to ship it to your Florida address if that's where you'll be.  There's no reason for your package to just sit at our old address.  I don't understand why QVC wouldn't let you cancel your order if it isn't going to be delivered until December, but I do understand their system leaves a lot to be desired.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@EdwinsIn You're not the boss of me LOL!

Respected Contributor

I did hear  a host say the OLE 7 to 10 business days last week. I was surprised!!!! I haven't heard that in many months.  It is all out of their control and really not their problem. Even CS spurts out warehouse issues constantly for a year now.

Honored Contributor

That will NEVER happen. The hosts have ONE job and that is to SELL. Anything that can prevent a sale isn't going to be allowed.

So, it's buyer beware. We're lucky they allow these type of threads otherwise, we wouldn't be aware of the shipping problems. I believe that banner ONLY appeared because of all the negative posts about the situation.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just now, a post wouldn't go through.

ETA: Gonna try again.

Honored Contributor

I don't think we need to rub their face in it. They're probably just as - if not more - embarrassed by it than QVC execs - that is, if they even know about it.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

absolutely NOT A RIDICULOUS REQUEST! It's good business. Kudos to the author

Valued Contributor

Of course the hosts know what is going on they don't live in a bubble!  Geez, business has been declining for a year, no apologies same old excuses, and yet they create a new position as "president" for an ex disney employee who did marketing and IT???/ Really? QVC deserves their demise/

Honored Contributor

If business was seriously declining because of it then they would have fixed it immediately.  I think the complaints (valid or not) are not as much of an issue to many like me who feel that when something comes is fine since I don't order anything that i must have ASAP.  Overall those who post and actually shop here are just  a very small minority of QVCcustomers.  I may be just lucky that my orders pretty much come on or before the EDD date

I agree! The shipping issue makes me question ever ordering from QVC again. Dinosaurs - slow and expensive. Did you notice the shipping costs are creeping up? I just bought a couple pairs of Clark’s from Amazon - cheaper price and free overnight shipping.