Contributor

Re: The Hosts Should Address the Shipping Issues ON THE AIR

I just finished talking with customer service for the 4th time concerning my order from early October .this order was a special time offer ,but not on free shopping day , this order was done several days before then, so I am paying for shipping. I have received several emails and automated phone calls which I have kept stating that I would receive my 2 pair of summer slacks , but they would be delayed with delivery hopefully for Christmas.i again called tonight to ask if could have the address changed since I'm moving to south Florida (I am now in Pa.). Customer service was not very friendly. They said that if your order is in processin(which it wAs in since 5 minutes after placing it ) it can't be changed. They said that it can only be be sent to that address and it will be my responsibility to get it once it is delivered. With all the news about packages being taken from homes especially around the holidays and an empty home  I'm not very happy. I'm just wondering if someone ordering all the things being offered for Christmas , will they receive them for Easter? I realize customer service gets many calls similar to mine and their nerves are on overtime, but being friendly and empathetic .maybe a good inservice program to be given to all QVC employees.

Occasional Contributor

It is not my job to educate here; however, since it has become clear that I may need to stear some precious consumers in the right direction. That being said: The Consumer Bill of Rights contain 6 basic consumer rights. Specifically I am addressing #'s 4, 5 and 6. Now its up to you to research what they are. All I know is that my consumer rights are getting close to being violated by QVC'S lack of transparency. 

Perhaps this post will get QVC's attention because I am not a happy customer right now. 

To those that post sarcastic comments, I will not address them. All one has to do is review these forums and you will note how many customers are upset over order delays and shipping fees. I am just stating it here because all my emails to QVC AND  phone calls have done nothing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chimsqua. If you think the "Consumer Bill of Rights" might be effective, why don't you take yourself over to the Federal Trade Commission online and file a complaint under its provisions?

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/submit-consumer-complaint-ftc

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Chimsqua  I know several people who snowbird and they file a change of address so anything coming USPS will be forwarded.  They also call UPS who will hold packages and also forward them if requested. 

If you think QVC is violating anything then why not address it through the Consumer bill of rights you are referencing.   I know that is what I would do.

Honored Contributor

Sigh, good grief!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I think the hosts have no idea about shipping delays

or 

if they do are advised not to discuss on the air

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is not the hosts' responsibility to discuss shipping/delivery issues on air.  The hosts' job is to sell.  If there is an impediment to the sales transaction  -- i.e., the phone systems getting jammed, or the online system acting up --  then yes, they occasionally mention that on air.

Shipping & delivery belong in the Operations side of the business and can change on any given day.  It is also not the same for every customer.  Some here have posted horrendous shipping issues (including me).  Some have posted that they have no problems at all with their items shipping. 

QVC has placed their blanket "Mea Culpa" message up on their website ordering status page to alert customers about shipping delays.  So, in fact, you have been warned about it.   

In my opinion, the hosts/QVC will get into hot water if they go into their routine, "if you purchase today, your item is guaranteed to arrive before Christmas!" If QVC's awful shipping delays continue, that statement will be a problem even their online apology/warning will not abate.

Respected Contributor

I don't think it's the hosts responsibility. They have more than enough on their plate. Unfortunately, shipping issues have been ongoing for quite awhile now. Because of this, I take that into consideration when I make a purchase. If I really need the item right away...I go elsewhere. If time is not a factor, I place the order and not get upset if it doesn't arrive on a specific date.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

The responses in this forum blow my mind! 
@Love my grandkids  how dare you tell a grown woman to "zip it"! Who tf do you think you are? Any one can post anything, on as many threads as they want without being called out for it. If YOU don't want to read it again, keep it moving! Stop with the high school antics already. Some of you act as if you're on the payroll and know these hosts personally. 
1) You think they're going to cater to your requests! Lol

should not be a response

2) Omg not this again

should not be a response

Some people don't live on these forums and actually have lives. So, what you read a 1000x a day, some may have only read once or, never. Give it a rest already. Try kindness or better yet go back to the old old adage, you have nothing nice to say or TYPE then don't say anything at all. You're comments are disrespectful. 

Honored Contributor

Host are to host, not customer relations.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)