Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks for helping me ruin my lady’s birthday, QVC! Such excellent customer service!

Did you just find out it was your Queens BD?  King, you also dropped the ball.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thanks for helping me ruin my lady’s birthday, QVC! Such excellent customer service!

As others have suggested, this should not have ruined your lady's birthday.....not with all the other places (on line or in person) where you can shop.  Time to be creative!  Happy Birthday to your lady.

Respected Contributor

Sounds like another New Contributor baiting post to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jgovia wrote:
@Alice. Unless you can process the initial transaction and/or detail the info that needs to be verified before a new customer uses easypay, there’s nothing you can do to help.

@Jgovia - Alice probably can help you; she is part of the QVC team that moderates these forums and provides service to QVC customers posting here. Send an email to the team at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with your order details and they will do what they can to provide assistance. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Jgovia wrote:
I never asked for advice on what to get my Queen for her birthday....unless you feel like you know her more than i do somehow

@Jgovia 

Wow! No one here suggested "WHAT to get your Queen for her birthday".

No need to be so snarky, just experienced QVC shoppers trying to help explain the process and the solution of going out and choose another gift she would love.

Anytime anyone starts a discussion on a public forum, other forum members have the right to add their opinions to the discussion, whether you like/agree with them or not.

Since you reject any suggestions and an offer of help from the social team, I guess that means this thread is just to complain, not to find a resolution.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most places I go to anymore have bad customer service. That's just something I'm coming to accept and expect.

If you and your lady are going to consider her birthday ruined simply because a package from Q didn't arrive, maybe you need to re-evaluate the relationship and priorities.

Also, if you need gifts by a certain date, it's best to shop early.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  - Actually, I can see the point of the OP; having multiple people telling him/her to go buy something else somewhere else after already experiencing problems with the purchase he/she wanted to make would be quite frustrating. The advice provided is an alternate way of approaching the overall problem, but despite the helpful intentions, it's not a solution to the specific problem at hand.

Honored Contributor

I see the mods are going to help you.  Maybe you can explain the situation to your gift receiver.  She will understand you tried hopefully and that her gift is on it's way.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@KingstonsMom  - Actually, I can see the point of the OP; having multiple people telling him/her to go buy something else somewhere else after already experiencing problems with the purchase he/she wanted to make would be quite frustrating. The advice provided is an alternate way of approaching the overall problem, but despite the helpful intentions, it's not a solution to the specific problem at hand.

This is always frustrating to me when I read these types of posts.

While I can fully understand QVC's right to verify information on first-time purchasers, especially for high value orders and on easy pay, I feel they are doing their new would-be customers, and themselves for that matter, a disservice.  The information about verification and holds should be available in some manner to the purchaser before they complete their order.  It smacks of dishonesty not to do so.

I think the lack of this knowledge beforehand is more what these posters are angry about than the actual act of having their orders delayed or even canceled mysteriously.

Trusted Contributor

Since you placed the order just yesterday and it was cancelled the next day (today) it would appear you still have time to get "your lady" a nice gift. 

Usually when someone within a Company (in this instance Alice) offers to look into the matter most people would be gracious enough to thank them and communicate directly with them.

The majority of the posters have tried to also asist you with your complaint and once again you did not show any courtesy toward them.

The right attitude can achieve a lot.

Work with the mods. If the "gift" cannot get there in time improvise. Worst case scenario you buy her something else.