Occasional Contributor

Thanks for helping me ruin my lady’s birthday, QVC! Such excellent customer service!

I placed an order for an item. Qvc happily took my easy pay down payment. Fast forward to the next morning (today) and the order gets canceled. I call to get reasoning....

Apparently, my phone number is not registered because it is new. I was told my number has to be at least two months old for it to be shown on their look up database...the number I’m literally calling them from...

Now my lady will assume I don’t care about her because i couldnt get her gift in time. QVC is the best and the easypay feature is so clutch!

Side note: QVC needs to hire better CS reps and I don’t understand why the finance and sales team aren’t capable of working in concert?
Honored Contributor

Re: Thanks for helping me ruin my lady’s birthday, QVC! Such excellent customer service!

As a new customer to QVC, that requires a little extra vetting to verify information provided to guard against fraud.

You can't blame any online company for that.

Go out and actually spend some time choosing her gift, that would probably mean more to her anyway vs. sitting on the couch and pushing buttons to get her a gift.

Happy Birthday to your lady, I'm sure you can make it special!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Thanks for helping me ruin my lady’s birthday, QVC! Such excellent customer service!

Which is why the sales team needs to have that very info to give me before they accept my payment. Is it not imperative to let a new customer know your phone number has to be active for however long for a payment to process?
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

NEVER rely on QVC for anything.period.

Honored Contributor

@Jgovia wrote:
Which is why the sales team needs to have that very info to give me before they accept my payment. Is it not imperative to let a new customer know your phone number has to be active for however long for a payment to process?

@Jgovia 

The Sales team only takes your order, then for new customers, it goes to the Finance Team to verify your information.

At least once you have been verified by the Finance team, you don't have to go through the Finance team for future purchases.

This subject comes up often with new customers and I truly understand any disappointment. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@so so NEVER?    That's so over the top that I put it in the same category ad any other faux news.

@JgoviaQVC definitely dropped the ball, but because you're so concerned your lady's b-day is ruined I wonder if you aren't looking for a target for your own frustration that you hadn't sdhopped earlier.  Unless you're physically unable, taker others' advice and get moving!

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Jgovia I am so sorry you were disappointed if this is your first order and you are using Easy Pay there are steps we need to take to verifty information. If you email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com we can look into this for you.

Occasional Contributor

I never asked for advice on what to get my Queen for her birthday....unless you feel like you know her more than i do somehow
Occasional Contributor

@Alice. Unless you can process the initial transaction and/or detail the info that needs to be verified before a new customer uses easypay, there’s nothing you can do to help.