Valued Contributor

Thank you QVC for breaking my shopping addiction!

I have only been shopping lunchtime and prime time specials the last several months. Now I am finding I’m not can checking to see what’s for sale there! I think I have finally gotten over shopping on the Q. Gone back to TJ Maxx, Marshall’s and J Crew for better prices, better quality, free shipping and returns and all around better shopping experiences. I am relieved 😅
Respected Contributor

Re: Thank you QVC for breaking my shopping addiction!

I like shopping at the discount stores, too, but NONE of them really carry any nice selections of fine jewelry.

Jewelry is why I first started shopping at QVC, but then I discovered some nice fashion brands.

I think we veteran shoppers just have too many possessions and so it is harder to find something that really thrills us...

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend @FancyPhillyshopper I agree with both of you. I'm finding I can get much better deals at other stores, especially Talbots when they have a sale. Most of my purchases are online purchases. When I first started shopping with QVC, they were one of a very few alternatives to B&M and catalog shopping. Now merchants really can't compete in the marketplace if they don't have good websites. Almost all of them have free shipping, either outright, for "members" or with a minimum purchase. While QVC sometimes has free shipping days, they're few and far between. 

As a baby boomer, I also have more clothing and jewelry than I now need in retirement. While I've stopped buying jewelry, I still buy clothing when I see something that appeals to me. If I buy something from QVC, it's usually from the lunchtime and prime time specials. While I can afford to pay full price, I think QVC's prices are high for the quality of the garments. 

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia  Couldn't agree more.  30+ years ago QVC/HSN were unique and very few, if any, retailers had websites.  That has greatly changed.  No need to pay the inflated prices of either shopping network and their shipping charges which are also taxed.   IMO, QVC/HSN can't compete with the b&m stores websites.

Honored Contributor

Agree! They need to get competitive with their pricing and eliminate S&H.

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend 

So far I have kept my 2020 resolution:  stop wasting time and energy looking through Lunchtime Specials.

After changing my mind so many times after reading reviews on the few items that caught my attention, I could enjoy other pursuits !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

That is exactly how I feel.    I no longer watch any fashion shows,   ,,,,

and I am saving lots of money shopping elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

I shop LTS and PTS everyday. 

I have gotten some great savings, good quality items I wear over and over.

I don't have time to dawdle around those stores mentioned above.  The few times I have been there, I thought the quality was so poor and the sizing availabiity too limited!  Everything I looked at seemed to be seconds or old stock. 

Good thing we all have places we like to shop that fit our style, needs and lives!

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:
I have only been shopping lunchtime and prime time specials the last several months. Now I am finding I’m not can checking to see what’s for sale there! I think I have finally gotten over shopping on the Q. Gone back to TJ Maxx, Marshall’s and J Crew for better prices, better quality, free shipping and returns and all around better shopping experiences. I am relieved 😅

Good for you kiddo!!  I have been going to TJMaxx lately too but still shopping the Q for some items.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Seems like you may have plenty of company.  I too have seriously reduced the number of purchases from QVC as well as reduced the number of hours watching it.