Valued Contributor

Thank You To All Customer Service Reps

No one calls customer service reps to say "Hi, how is your day going?". 
So, I thought I'd take the time to say "Thanks. I hope your day is going well and you get to take some time today to de-stress. You being at the other end of the phone is very helpful to many. Keep up the good work!"
Best
Anne

QVC Customer Care

Re: Thank You To All Customer Service Reps

Hi @Quse thank you for taking the time to send such kind kudos, it is appreciated more than you know.

Esteemed Contributor

@Quse wrote:

No one calls customer service reps to say "Hi, how is your day going?". 
So, I thought I'd take the time to say "Thanks. I hope your day is going well and you get to take some time today to de-stress. You being at the other end of the phone is very helpful to many. Keep up the good work!"
Best
Anne

@Quse 

I'll drink to that! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

What would we do without them?Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I did this at least once many, many years ago (QVC)

My package was very late and I had gotten the wrong item. I was so mad and made up my mind to tell someone off. CS answered and once I heard her voice and she asked how could she help me. I said, I'm calling to say I hope your day is going well, and I really appreciate you.

She gave a laugh and said that's so nice of you.. What can I do for you today. I told her nothing, just wanted to say thanks, and we hung up. Called back a few days later when I calmed down and everything was taken care of.

Respected Contributor

I sure appreciate them. I've never gotten any response from them that wasn't first class in customer service. They always add a personal note, too, which means so much. I can imagine some customers are not very nice to them.

Respected Contributor

@Quse   @Carolina925     My job of 35 years before retiring was in customer service--phone, snail mail letters, and e-mail  once it was installed.

It is wonderful to have the occasional thanks and praise offered and then reported "upline" to management.

It is a demanding, nerve wracking job to keep the ball rolling, reassure unhappy customers and remain pleasant to some of them being really unreasonable, which of course I could never convey to them--that THEY were wrong, not my organization.

So I'm sure you just made customer service phone and e-mail/form  reps feel a little better.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC