If QVC terminated my account, can I still purchase items with a qvc gift card? 

Respected Contributor

Why would an account be terminated?

Honored Contributor

What account was terminated?  QVC's credit card, or your QVC account? 

Some received notification their QVC account was closed implying they can't buy a thing from this retailer.  I don't know of any retailer that does that.  

Although, it's never happened to me, I know retailers will still sell to you if you use a credit card that is in good standing, use cash, or a gift card.  I would imagine they would close your online account if you tried to use bad credit cards.

You can email the Social Team to ask.  QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Terminated account

[ Edited ]

I remember years ago, when the forums, were more, drama filled, a poster coming on and freely admitting, she'd borrowed someone else's computer, to create an account and let people know what had happened. 

Basically, she'd been permanently banned from the forums, for creating multiple accounts, and posting. She said, she'd also had her account, for purchasing closed, and she knew they'd close the account she'd just created, but she wanted, to not just disappear.  

Weird situation, and I'm sure there was more story, involved! 

Other than, a problem with payments, I don't know why an account would be closed? 

Honored Contributor

@ Beckylo 

No you cannot. When QVC 'terminates' an account, you can no longer purchase from them using any payment method.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

QVC accounts can be terminated due to a "high return" rate. Amazon does this as well. 

Honored Contributor

@ Beckylo wrote:

@ Beckylo   So QVC gave you no reason for termination of your account? I find that hard to believe.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Terminated account

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ Beckylo wrote:

@ Beckylo   So QVC gave you no reason for termination of your account? I find that hard to believe.

Where did she say they gave her no reason?   Perhaps she doesn't care to share that information but simply wants an answer to her question about the gift card. 

@ Beckylo--  I don't know whether a person can use a gift card after their account is closed, but I suggest emailing social.team@QVC.com for information. 

Honored Contributor

It was some years ago - there were a couple of retail stores that closed accounts because of too many returns.  It was all over the newspapers.

I don't recall the names - but they were stores catering to younger women's fashions.   

I just googled to see if I could find article ... no .... but I did find this (replace the word dot with a dot.

wcpo dot com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/shoppers-being-banned-for-too-many-store-returns

Esteemed Contributor

If they just terminated your credit card, then yes you could still purchase with a different payment method.