Honored Contributor

Technical difficulties AGAIN

Another event day (white sale) and I go to look at video or place an order and up comes the "We are having technical difficulties" page again.

QVC, with all the high shipping, can't you put some money into this system so it works and works well? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Technical difficulties AGAIN

Yep!  I clicked on an item about which I needed more information and I got the technical difficulties message.  I guess I just saved money. 

Honored Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

Yep!  I clicked on an item about which I needed more information and I got the technical difficulties message.  I guess I just saved money. 

It seems every time there is  an event day I'm interested in (free shipping day, Christmas all day, today a white sale day), this is happening. 

I swear they don't want to make money.

And millions of us aren't going to simply watch what is on air and call in. We are surfing and looking for all options in a particular category, or looking for as is, or clearance or free shipping options. 

Using the call in method isn't working for those of us.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Another event day (white sale) and I go to look at video or place an order and up comes the "We are having technical difficulties" page again.

QVC, with all the high shipping, can't you put some money into this system so it works and works well? 

The issues on June 6 were NOT on their end, it was their internet service provider and the issue affected mutiple areas across the nation. You can read more about it here: https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/6/17435096/comcast-xfinity-landline-phone-outage-affecting-businesse...

Unless you're suggesting QVC starts their own telecomms company and builds their own infrastructure to support it, spending money would not have prevented or solved that problem.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

The issues on June 6 were NOT on their end, it was their internet service provider and the issue affected mutiple areas across the nation. You can read more about it here: https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/6/17435096/comcast-xfinity-landline-phone-outage-affecting-businesse...

Unless you're suggesting QVC starts their own telecomms company and builds their own infrastructure to support it, spending money would not have prevented or solved that problem.

I'm suggesting they get a competent IT dept/service and make this site more dependable and reliable. 

edited to add

Everybody knows June 6th wasn't their issue. This kind of thing goes on here all the time, and it isn't the service provider every time it happens. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  Maybe now that they are owned by the same company as HSN, they could learn something from them.  HSN has the most sophisticated, user-friendly website of any I've used.  Cat Wink

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@2blonde wrote:

@Mominohio  Maybe now that they are owned by the same company as HSN, they could learn something from them.  HSN has the most sophisticated, user-friendly website of any I've used.  Cat Wink

@2blonde

I don't shop HSN, but maybe I should check out there site. Good to know their site is so friendly!