Honored Contributor

Re: TWELVE HOURS TO SIGN INTO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

One idea that could have lessened all the phone calls, live chats and emails to the Mods and CS was why couldnt they have put up a banner or created one of their infamous pop ups on the shopping side of the website since that was working to let everyone know due to a technical issue the Forums were temporarily unavailable....🤔  Things happen and I feel sorry for what all the CS Reps and Social Team/Mods had to go through today..

@Spurt   I agree and I was actually looking for a banner. As soon as I saw the last post was the middle of the night, I knew there was a problem. I looked on their FB and someone asked and QVC said there was a problem.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Even a note pinned to QVC's FB Page would have helped....oh well....its over and time to move on....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Shows how reliant we can be on message boards.   

Not being able to access them isn't as bad as being stuck for months in solitary confinement .... I'm guessing ...... but sometimes you have to go it alone .... or deal with humans in real life.  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

One idea that could have lessened all the phone calls, live chats and emails to the Mods and CS was why couldnt they have put up a banner or created one of their infamous pop ups on the shopping side of the website since that was working to let everyone know due to a technical issue the Forums were temporarily unavailable....🤔  Things happen and I feel sorry for what all the CS Reps and Social Team/Mods had to go through today..

@Spurt    That would be in violation of QVC's "absolute secrecy" policy.  Early in the day, I sent an email to Mike George suggesting just that.  Got a polite reply from someone in his office saying they were working on fixing it.  Period. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I thought I was banned.gifSmiley Tongue

@Mz iMac    Guilty conscience? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mz iMac    Guilty conscience? 

@Kachina624        whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

Wow.  I don't understand why some people are so upset over the IT glitch.  As they say, "stuff happens".  This is a shopping channel forum.  I wonder what life altering information some feel they missed out on because they couldn't access the boards for a bit.  I don't get it.   

@LdyBugz   Well understand this..... Some of us live alone and on many days this board is our only contact with humanity.  It's not a matter of missing life altering information but rather making a human contact.  Comprehend? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac  Ha! I wondered what I'd said that was bad!😧

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  Of course I understand that, perhaps more than you know.  Some people are physically challenged and can't get out, or are too afraid to get out these days, which is understandable.  I don't think it's a good idea though to put all of your eggs in one basket so to speak with one message board.  What would they do if they closed this forum down for good?  Hopefully they have other or additional means of connecting so they don't feel lost if this site has a glitch.

Have a good evening,

~LdyBugz

Honored Contributor

I don't spend much time here, but usually check-in for a few minutes every day or two. I tried to log in about 3 pm, had the issue everyone has had, noticed when I could actually see the forum threads that the last post was around 2 am, so figured they were having a problem. I just remembered a little bit ago and decided to check if it was fixed yet. Voila! It's back. Hope everyone can get back in the swing of it with no further issues. Have a nice evening.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Wasn't it obvious that no one had posted since the middle of the night that something was wrong with the forums?

The Mods are just like us.  They can't fix anything and have no control over technical issues.   

I think the Mods and Customer Service are owed an apology for all the constant whining and complaining that people do here.