Honored Contributor

Re: TWELVE HOURS TO SIGN INTO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!

@Spurt wrote:

One idea that could have lessened all the phone calls, live chats and emails to the Mods and CS was why couldnt they have put up a banner or created one of their infamous pop ups on the shopping side of the website since that was working to let everyone know due to a technical issue the Forums were temporarily unavailable....🤔  Things happen and I feel sorry for what all the CS Reps and Social Team/Mods had to go through today..

@Spurt 

Absolutely!!!!  Wonderful idea!!!!!  A banner would have done so much!

Dog Nod GIFs | Tenor

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

One idea that could have lessened all the phone calls, live chats and emails to the Mods and CS was why couldnt they have put up a banner or created one of their infamous pop ups on the shopping side of the website since that was working to let everyone know due to a technical issue the Forums were temporarily unavailable....🤔  Things happen and I feel sorry for what all the CS Reps and Social Team/Mods had to go through today..

@Spurt    That would be in violation of QVC's "absolute secrecy" policy.  Early in the day, I sent an email to Mike George suggesting just that.  Got a polite reply from someone in his office saying they were working on fixing it.  Period. 

@Kachina624 

LOL....Yep, it seems that Mr. George likes us to try to figure things out ourselves and how to make do when it comes to this website....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

Wow.  I don't understand why some people are so upset over the IT glitch.  As they say, "stuff happens".  This is a shopping channel forum.  I wonder what life altering information some feel they missed out on because they couldn't access the boards for a bit.  I don't get it.   

@LdyBugz   Well understand this..... Some of us live alone and on many days this board is our only contact with humanity.  It's not a matter of missing life altering information but rather making a human contact.  Comprehend? 

@Kachina624 

Or when you work from home, like me, it does tend to get lonely with no co-workers around ......  (except of course when we have one of our "infamous" zoom meetings...LOL)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

As long as it took to get the boards back up, for which I know we're all appreciative, it really is too bad, though, that they couldn't figure out and put a complete stop to the pages jumping and jerking. They surely had a good bit of time to figure it out and solve that mystery.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I tried to log in a few times yesterday morning before realizing that it was a site wide problem. Nothing that can be done, so no big deal. I did not try again until last night and by then the problem had been fixed.