Honored Contributor

TV and Movies forum name change?

[ Edited ]

Hi QVC Social Team

I've forgotten your general notification nic so I'll direct this to @Beth-QVC and @Wayne-QVC, whose names I remember.

I started a thread in "TV and Movies" about changing that forum name to "Entertainment" to make it more all-encompassing so music, live shows, podcasts, and more could have a home for discussion.

I know we aren't going to get a new forum so thought this might be a good solution.

You might want to look at the thread to gauge reaction and then make your determination as to whether this would be a worthwhile change.

Have a great week.

ETA: I meant to place this in "Suggestion Box" but, oh well. . . I guess it doesn't matter that much.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: TV and Movies forum name change?

@GingerPeach   Your suggestion does make sense.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Sounds good to me

Esteemed Contributor

Wasn´t there an Entertainment category many. many years ago before it was changed to TV and Movies? Wonder why it was changed?

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 Probably because there are so many threads that have to do just with TV and Movies. 

I prefer it stay the way it is, as that forum has a lot of threads that are active and if I miss a couple of days, I am way behind on what is happening.

The forum has a lot of faithful posters and I learn a lot by reading their threads. Adding a bunch of other similar topics would make it more time-consuming for me to find what I am really interested in, which is only TV and Movies, and I probably wouldn't take the time to weed thru all the other topics.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 @World Traveler 

Prior to the current forum format, there was a brief period of time in which Books was combined with the same forum as TV & Movies.  Books had had its own forum, but was taken away during one of the forum upgrades; many complaints got it broken out again. I don’t remember what this forum was called, but this may have been when it was changed.

Thinking about it, I think forums originally had a main title and then some had sub forums underneath. This occurred when the sub forums were taken away. It wouldn’t surprise me if Music was one of the original sub-forums.