Frequent Contributor

I ordered the black candles at midnight. My order is showing as advanced order. No where on the listing, or during the presentation was a ship date mentioned( that I heard). This might be an important thing to mention or list on the item. Anyone know when these are shipping? 

Respected Contributor

@lynettey   I had the same thing happen to me on a VPH item.  You can determine the ship day by looking up your order and clicking on the "edit" under the delivery options (standard delivery, advance order, edit).  It will tell you when the estimated date you should be receiving based on how it's shipped.  You can see that express order is probably close to the date that they will be shipping your item.

True, it shouldn't be that hard for QVC to have the date listed, but by trying that, at least you'll have an idea on when they are shipping and when you should see your item. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

This happened with the last Bethlehem Lights TSV (fairy lights).  They did give a date then, which was a month away !   I finally got them but they shipped later than the advance date listed.  If you want these for Christmas you should be fine, Thanksgiving, not so sure.....

Respected Contributor

This happened to me a few days ago - Valerie's illuminated crackle pumpkin became available in orange so I ordered it.  Then later I noticed in my order status that it was an advance order.  They should mention this "up front"not after the fact.

Frequent Contributor

This happened to me, ordering the TSV candles (and an unrelated item from Valerie Parr Hill) today also! I emailed the QVC Social Team, who quickly responded that the TSV candles will ship this coming week. However, the other item not until the middle of OCTOBER! 

Neither one has "Advance Order" anywhere on the item/order page. (I just checked again, in case I missed it, and all the items I ordered still show available inventory.)

Now, I am glad the candles will ship this coming week, and I don't need the other item until holiday decorating, so the October ship date is okay. HOWEVER, the lack of accuracy and transparency will seriously impact any holiday gift ordering for me!  

Esteemed Contributor

Per my candle order EDD 9/25

Valued Contributor

I got the black too and just noticed it says backorder and thought the same thing as you did-at no time did they say these were on backorder! I ordered the TSV vitamix a while back and it said in process...then back ordered...and then cancelled because they weren't getting any more back in stock....DON:T LIKE THAT!

Esteemed Contributor

@lynettey  I placed my order on 9/10 and delivery is listed at 9/18. I'm wondering if they have already sold out of current quantity of the most popular colors and have gone to advanced order.

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I emailed customer service yesterday and they said I should have them in about a week! We will see. They are usually pretty good about being truthful. 

Super Contributor

And that was the reason I canceled my order for them.  I was quite peeved that it wasn't mentioned that they were on advance order.