Contributor

TRIED CANCELING...DID NOT ALLOW.....ORDER STILL HASN'T SHIPPED

I placed an order on November 4 and tried to cancel either later that day or early next day and would not allow me to cancel........said "In Process".  Now, here we are November 8 and order still has not shipped.  What has happened to QVC???  Terrible shipping times and not to be able to cancel the order when 4 days later order still has not shipped.......TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!  I am a long time customer of QVC since the late 80"s......your service is nothing like it use to be.  Makes me reconsider doing any ordering from your company..........I can order from AMAZON and have it here in 2 days...humm....which would you prefer to order from????

Valued Contributor

Re: TRIED CANCELING...DID NOT ALLOW.....ORDER STILL HASN'T SHIPPED

Plus Amazon lets you cancel an order as long as it hasn't shipped.

Respected Contributor

You are one of many who have complained about this for a long time on these boards.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I have been using Save for Later or Wish List a lot more for that reason. Other on line companies can be similar though. A window of time is mentioned at check out. Some also will let customers ship back at no cost.

Trusted Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

You are one of many who have complained about this for a long time on these boards.

Yes, and we need to KEEP complaining until they hear us. 

Honored Contributor

You have about 30 minutes to canel and order and after that, you can't cannot cancel.  That's not new.  That has been the way it is for at least a year, perhaps longer.  While we're at it, you also can't keep things in your shopping card of hours, days, weeks anymore.  They remove it after an hour, perhaps half hour so that someone who wants it can purchase it.  I don't think either of these things are problems or temporary.  They arent goin to be "fixed".  They are just new policies.  

Frequent Contributor

If QVC's order processing and shipping execution was like other vendors, then the absence of the ability to cancel an order might be understandable. HOWEVER, I believe the "in process" status that now prevents a cancelation is arbitrary and not legitimate. Packages are not moving around an inventory system, on conveyor belts, heading for a truck for 5-7 days, lol. 

The business model of on-air, hard sell, consumer sales is based on people making an "in the moment", "gotta have this" decision. Some amount of buyer's remorse HAS TO BE BUILT IN, and allow some cancelation window. That's just the nature of this business.    To pretend differently means disappointing your customers. Long term, it's got to be best for the business to have less rework, fewer packages being returned, etc, even if it means a cancelation window. 

Yes, I've done consumer products supply chain work for one BIG company for decades, and there is NO excuse for the current state of affairs at QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don´t understand why people keep complaining.  SHOP AT AMAZON.

I shop at Amazon and QVC and if I´m not happy, I´ll leave. Life is too short.