Honored Contributor

Re: THree out of Three! THey have done it again!

What surprised me is with all the complaints I read on these forums about shipping problems, sizing problems, quality problems, people keep buy clothing here.  Why?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@castlenv wrote:

What surprised me is with all the complaints I read on these forums about shipping problems, sizing problems, quality problems, people keep buy clothing here.  Why?

The only thing I can think of in response to your question is that there must be countless other customers who don't have complaints.

Valued Contributor

It's been over 2 years(maybe longer) While I look and don't buy when temptation arises I remember the customers who order by express and items are receive late, or the customers package is lost,damage, wrong item received. To many complaints, there is nothing that is offer you can't find some where else(this color is exclusive to OVC) For me I don't need the masses to complain about shipping issues, to stop me from ordering.But if I see the shipping issues have not change (I am a express delivery only person), that enough for me. Besides,  I have written many times on these forms of the great deals I have gotten by shopping the old fashion way.

Respected Contributor

I have an ignorant question.

Why wouldn't somebody use the prepaid  return label? I would. 

Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ, I live in Philly and 9 out of 10 times if I have to return something it is cheaper for me to pay my own way and much, much faster. About 3 or 4 times the Q charged me for the return label that I didn't use. I had to call CS each time to have the money refunded. Once I called and the CS person insisted I must have used the return label, I told her I had my returns paperwork in front of me and was looking at the return label that I didn't use. I asked her if she wanted me to email it to her. That shut her up.

Honored Contributor

This issue has been an on going onfor YEARS and discussed on these boards again and again.  QVC has done NOTHING to fix it. So many people who do not check their statement just end up paying the return shipping fee  again above and beyond the money they already spent to return item on their own dime.

This is actually nothing less than ripping off the consumer.  Money in QVC's pocket.  It it WRONG. It is a bad business practice.  No one does a thing about it.  

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ  I think it depends on your distance to the return center.  It makes sense for me, in CA.  I think people on the east coast save money by using their own shipping methods. 

Honored Contributor

a couple of years ago, they changed to $3.00 and $5.00 shipping for most things, but they have continued to make a lot of money off the return labels. Seems like a real racket to me. Have always wondered why QVC has never shown any interest in being competitive with any other online retailer regarding shipping charges. I order only things I cannot buy elsewhere....and it is becoming less and less.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

In most cases it's cheaper to mail it on your own, or return multiple items in one box via UPS so that per item the cost ends up being much cheaper.