Frequent Contributor
Has anyone else been charged a surcharge from QVC when purchasing with a credit card ? I just purchased the Samsung Tracfone and was charged a surcharge that was showing as a double tax amount. I don't recall during any of the presentations the host's mentioning a surcharge. Spoke to customer service and they say it's correct. So can we now anticipate a surcharge along with S&H and tax when paying with a credit card or will they just pick and chose what items are charged ? If this is the case then I will be closing my account.
Super Contributor

Re: Surcharge ???

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Grnthumb Check your own state's tax laws and phones and accesories. 

Super Contributor

I've never bought a tracphone from QVC, but I use another prepaid phone. Anytime I buy a card to add funds, I get charged a fee plus the tax. Maybe that is the case here? You are being charged a fee for the minutes/data?

Honored Contributor

@PickyCindy If your state imposes those taxes, you'd have to move to avoid them from any merchant who follows ther law.

Super Contributor

Re: Surcharge ???

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@PickyCindy There was a thread about this same charge a few days back.  QVC is jusdt following whatever laws OP's state requires.

Taxes vary from state to state for all sorts of our purchases.  I'm a snowbird -  QVC automatically changes the tax I pay even on AD shipments depending upon which state a particularly delivery is sent.   Verizon does something similar. as does Zappos and probably a gazillion other companies.

Respected Contributor

The surcharge isn't because your using a CC @Grnthumb  it's what your buying with your CC, a phone. Check with your State...mine collects lots of $ from phones & wants more.

Honored Contributor

It may be a recycling fee imposed by your state.  Has nothing todowith your CC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your response but according to the state of Michigan...".surcharges apply only to credit card transactions and cannot be assessed for debit card or prepaid money card purchases". Just surprised, I looked back at all my previous electronic purchases and I wasn't charged a surchare and I used a credit card.