Respected Contributor

Well, now it's happened to me on both ends of the spectrum.  Years ago, I had orders arrive as open packages with no items in them, and QVC took care of me.  Today I got a letter that an item I sent back a couple of weeks ago arrived at their return center as an open package with no item.  They asked me to please send them back the item I wanted to return.  Uuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmm---I already did that, it's not my fault it got stolen in either the postal system, the returns batcher's control, or at the Q's own returns warehouse! 

Honestly, I just can't order anything from QVC any more except for the VERY FEW brands I currently trust!  I can't take a chance on anything new, or clothes, shoes etc. that might not fit, or food at all!  I can't afford to be out the price of any item I order that I return but gets stolen along the way back.  I am very disappointed that a firm I used to trust to offer items of a quality I could generally rely on, or, on the rare occasion of a disappointment, I could count on a fair resolution, no longer seems to exist.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry that happened to you.  I've always wondered about that myself.  Things like that do happen and I don't know how we're supposed to stop it.  It's scary!

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP.  Do you truly expect the QVC should get an empty package and not mention it?  Is that what you did when you didn't receive merchandise?

It's very possible the package was damaged or not securely closed and the item fell out, was loose and couldn't be associated with a package.

Did you insure it?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@CamilleP 

Didn't it occur to them that if you tried to send an opened package that the usps employee would notice and point it out to you?

Respected Contributor

Re: Sunken to a new low...

[ Edited ]

@CamilleP, if you have received packages that were empty, and have sent packages that arrive empty then I think you should contact a postal inspector. If your post office doesn't have one available they should be able to put you in contact with one.

Valued Contributor

When I return something, I put a lot of tape to make sure the box doesn't open.

I never recieved opened boxes. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CamilleP.  Do you truly expect the QVC should get an empty package and not mention it?  Is that what you did when you didn't receive merchandise?

It's very possible the package was damaged or not securely closed and the item fell out, was loose and couldn't be associated with a package.

Did you insure it?

@Kachina624 

In all fairness, a company needs to judge that individual customer. You need to judge all her actions.  If they don't, they may lose a customer.  Is it worth it to them?  Sure, you can ask them, but take it to a supervisor and see.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Usually the one shipping is liable for the contents.  Which in this unfortunate situation is you.

They should have also included pictures of the package so you could see if there was damage.  If so, then you make a claim with the shipping agent for reimbursement. 

Honored Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

When I return something, I put a lot of tape to make sure the box doesn't open.

I never recieved opened boxes. 

I do that too,  My husband says I mumify the pkg.

Honored Contributor

No insurance on it?