Valued Contributor

Strange Shipping.

[ Edited ]

A week ago I ordered 2 Susan Graver tops.  (Same top - 2 different colors. A462322))  Both tops were "in stock".   One of the tops shipped and the other one is still saying "preparing your order."  I don't understand!  They are both the same tops so why would one ship and the other be on hold for a week.  Starting to lose patience with Q shipping and heading for other on-line companies!

Honored Contributor

Probably one top was immediately available and the other may have been out of stock with the imminent arrival of a new shipment.  It's probably on the way. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Strange Shipping.

[ Edited ]

If the top isn't available then it shouldn't say "in Stock"!  They don't even say it is backordered or give the option of cancelling it!  I have had problems in the past where an order was just ignored for weeks.  I hope this isn't like that.

Super Contributor

@daisy4 wrote:

A week ago I ordered 2 Susan Graver tops.  (Same top - 2 different colors. A462322))  Both tops were "in stock".   One of the tops shipped and the other one is still saying "preparing your order."  I don't understand!  They are both the same tops so why would one ship and the other be on hold for a week.  Starting to lose patience with Q shipping and heading for other on-line companies!

I occasionally had/have the same problem. What happens is each top is shipped from a different warehouse. I had one come from a PA warehouse and the other from California. Ones from CA take longer since I live in PA.

Honored Contributor

Strange is right.  I have been watching the tracking on a bracelet I ordered.  It went from NJ to NY where I live and was at my post office.  I just checked and it is now in Ohio.  How does this happen??

Valued Contributor

I was so happy my item finally shipped!  Then I saw the tracking.  It made it's way to a post office about 1/2 mile from my house.  Then it took a turn and went to a post office about 50 miles from my house! It has been there for 3 days with no sign of moving closer.   Is this why the post office is always complaining about not having enough money?  They just keep using up manpower sending packages all around the country?  Makes no sense.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what's going on but I don't believe it's any fault of QVC. I ordered an item that showed it was in transit with UPS, which made me happy because I've always had better luck with their deliveries. A week or so later, I see it was forwarded to USPS for delivery. After about a month, I contacted Customer Service who told me it was lost in transit and couldn't be reordered because the item was no longer available. So, it went from the Q to UPS to USPS, then poof! Since USPS has no tracking system, there's no way to see where it eventually ended up, probably a corner somewhere.

Honored Contributor

USPS does have a tracking system, not sure if it is on everything.