Valued Contributor

Re: Stop sending me other customers’ dirty laundry.

[ Edited ]

I know other QVC Members who have paid for brand new QVC items and received from QVC used, damaged, defective, and items missing parts items, and that is considered fraud.

When I pay for brand new I expect to receive brand new QVC items with attached  Manufacturer's original tags.

I do not expect to receive anything previously used or damaged in any way, do not want to waste my time paying and waiting for these unacceptable QVC items to arrive and then wasting more time to call it in just to hear the Sorry that happened to you from QVC Customer Service.

QVC is never sorry and QVC knows their QVC Members receive used and damaged goods, but they insist on keeping up this corporate illegal  disgusting and highly distasteful practice, which makes QVC Members buy elsewhere with companies that do not pull this dishonesty time and again, over and over again.

I always wash everything, nevertheless I expect what I paid for which is always brand new and charged as brand new at brand new QVC prices, and not previously used and returned merchandise belonging to QVC which btw should be completely removed from their sales inventory..

Those used damaged defective and missing parts items QVC Customers return to QVC should be placed by QVC in their own QVC Outlet tores, at reduced prices since the items are not brand new, so everyone knows they are not getting brand new QVC items, and will be charged much cheaper prices.

Honored Contributor

No one should ever receive any dirty/stained items.  Ever.  I never have, I guess I've been lucky.  I can't speak to the processing time.  3-4 weeks to receive your purchases?  Are you in Alaska or Hawaii?  

Aside from a few in-house clothing brands, there is nothing here that you cannot find elsewhere (oftentimes cheaper).  It just may not be the right place for you to shop.

Honored Contributor

@Mido-rose.  Welcome to the boards, but you should realize those of us who participate here are also customers.  We recognize gross exaggerations when we see them.  I personally place over 30 orders per month, mostly clothing, but a bit of everything else too.

In my 30+ plus years of shopping here, I've never had an order take 3-4 weeks to reach me.  QVC is slow at processing orders for sure but mine are usually shipped in about 3 days, maybe 4 if there's a big fashion day or similar.

I get a lot of clothing, most of my wardrobe in fact, I've gotten many returns but I've never received anyone's "dirty laundry".  I've never received anything stained, smelly, or dirty and nothing in the pockets.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be an extremely rare occurrence indeed.  You make it sound like something that happens commonly and that's just not true.

What to you expect CS to say when you call to complain?  They don't have the power to take a stick to the backs of workers in the warehouse.

Since you are so unhappy with QVC, perhaps you should avail yourself of the services of your local mall.  That's where you can see make-up stains on the clothing before you buy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

My orders sit in “processing” for five+ business days. They take additional time to ship. I have waited three weeks for certain items. Add in the time that it takes for exchanges to occur, some items may not be received for well over a month. This is not the norm, however, it happened.

I have received tops with makeup/foundation stains, obviously worn/washed items, and used jeans. None of this is pleasing. It happened.

If it has happened to me, probability suggests it’s happening to other customers too.

I have been a QVC customer well over ten years. A very happy one, until recently. I have a problem with receiving used items. I don’t want it happening to me or anyone else.

While, most QVC experiences are positive, a few of mine have been negative. Disliking or disagreeing with someone’s experiences, does not make them invalid. If I don’t get banned (sarcasm) for this post, I will continue to be a QVC customer...albeit, a more discerning one.

Respected Contributor

@Mido-rose wrote:

My orders sit in “processing” for five+ business days. They take additional time to ship. I have waited three weeks for certain items. Add in the time that it takes for exchanges to occur, some items may not be received for well over a month. This is not the norm, however, it happened.

I have received tops with makeup/foundation stains, obviously worn/washed items, and used jeans. None of this is pleasing. It happened.

If it has happened to me, probability suggests it’s happening to other customers too.

I have been a QVC customer well over ten years. A very happy one, until recently. I have a problem with receiving used items. I don’t want it happening to me or anyone else.

While, most QVC experiences are positive, a few of mine have been negative. Disliking or disagreeing with someone’s experiences, does not make them invalid. If I don’t get banned (sarcasm) for this post, I will continue to be a QVC customer...albeit, a more discerning one.

I have to ask again. Why do you keep ordering from QVC based oo your complaints? Dirty,smelly, makeup stained clothes, wrong sizes and colors? I don't understand. Can you tell us why?

Trusted Contributor

@Mido-rose wrote:

@Mido-rose  I agree with your above statement and unfortunately that's a common reaction here to posts like yours. I'm sorry you've had such disappointing shopping experiences at QVC and that customer service isn't helpful. 

I''ve ordered 'as is' jewelry items and more than a few should have been thrown in the garbage, not sent to a customer.   Missing gemstones, missing Diamonique stones, a dented bangle,bent bracelets, etc.  Basically way too damaged for resale.  I agree, dealing with QVC C/S these days can be frustrating and time consuming.

Instead of dealing with C/S, you can always ask the mods to help you with a specific.problem.  The email for them is QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com  I hope that helps and better luck in the future.  Welcome to the boards.

Occasional Contributor

I hope that this posts. My reply got marked as “spam”. 

Here it goes...

These occurrences are recent. This is not normative with QVC. I have a purchase history that includes many quality products. 

My problem: I ordered a greater quantity of items than usual. These arrived in poor condition. There were shipping delays associated with these orders, as well.

I can choose to remain silent and accept the changes in quality @ QVC, or I can speak up and affect change.

We all have a threshold of what we consider acceptable. It is not acceptable, in my opinion, to order items marketed as “new”, and receive used merchandise. I respect the QVC return policy. If customers want to try items out & then send them back that’s between them and QVC. My criticism is not negative regarding the returned items per se, or the customers that returned them. I just don’t want used merchandise, when I purchased “new”, in good faith. 

I’m complaining because, it happened repeatedly over a defined period of time. No customer wants to receive soiled and/or used items. I don’t want this happening to me or anyone else. 

Honored Contributor

I live on the West Coast.  Many orders take 2-3 weeks to reach me.  At times, they’ve been quicker, and I’ve thought “gee, they’re fixing the slow delivery issues”. 

Then things go back to slow-boat status.  

Ive also received clothing items that were used.  Never anything dirty, or as the OP stated...but I could tell by the  condition of the packaging, that it was just thrown together and sent out to the next customer.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have experienced this too over the years.  Especially with "as is" items which I tend to shy away from now.   I received a pair of dressy shoes once that obviously had been worn, they were filthy and scuffed!!  So I can attest this does happen.   On the other hand I've received many products that were definately brand new and perfectly fine.  I agree that if you're paying the full price the product should be brand new and not a return. JMO

Honored Contributor

I have never received anything from QVC that was used, not even "as is" items.  I have been shopping since around 1990 and in all that time, I only had to return one defective item.  It was an apple peeler.

QVC had no way to know it was defective, since it was boxed and taped shut by the manufacturer.

I would be upset if I received a dirty, stinky used item