Honored Contributor

Re: Stop sending me other customers’ dirty laundry.

I get used items from time to time. If it's an item of clothing, and it's washable, I'll do that. I've also received a few that are not washable, like coats or something that has to be dry cleaned. Those I hang for a while in the garage to "air out," then I see how it's working. So far I haven't had to return any of them.

I sent back a pair of shoes once. They sent me one each of different sizes. Of course I called and she said they would send another pair right out, which they did. When I received them the bottoms were so scuffed up and it looked like there was black running up the sides. I didn't even try them on. I marked them damaged and returned them.

But one thing I don't understand is how you can get a "return" that is a TSV that has not yet been presented. I had an special event coming up and pre-ordered a handbag that would be a TSV in a few weeks. I intended to take it with me and was excited to get it. It came about three days before I left. It had the dreaded "return" label on it, and had a huge scratch across the front (that couldn't be rubbed out). I called, and again CS apologized and sent another one. But I wouldn't get it in time to take with me. 

I mean - HOW can you order something that should be brand new and they will send you one that has already been returned??? 

I guess it's just random as to who gets what. If I were to get them ALL of the time, I'd go somewhere else to shop. But like you, @Mido-rose , and like all of us here, I LIKE what I order. If I didn't I wouldn't be here! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mido-rose.  Welcome to the boards, but you should realize those of us who participate here are also customers.  We recognize gross exaggerations when we see them.  I personally place over 30 orders per month, mostly clothing, but a bit of everything else too.

In my 30+ plus years of shopping here, I've never had an order take 3-4 weeks to reach me.  QVC is slow at processing orders for sure but mine are usually shipped in about 3 days, maybe 4 if there's a big fashion day or similar.

I get a lot of clothing, most of my wardrobe in fact, I've gotten many returns but I've never received anyone's "dirty laundry".  I've never received anything stained, smelly, or dirty and nothing in the pockets.  I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but it would be an extremely rare occurrence indeed.  You make it sound like something that happens commonly and that's just not true.

What to you expect CS to say when you call to complain?  They don't have the power to take a stick to the backs of workers in the warehouse.

Since you are so unhappy with QVC, perhaps you should avail yourself of the services of your local mall.  That's where you can see make-up stains on the clothing before you buy.

I hate to admit it but I buy an awful lot here too....I need to cut back!  However I've never had the problems that the OP has.  If I need to make a return it's usually because of sizing or I just don't like the way the garment fits me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mido-rose wrote:

I’m so frustrated by the overall quality of service provided by QVC, atm. All of my orders from makeup to clothing items, keep getting stuck in “processing” for 5-7 days. It takes 3-4 weeks to receive purchases. When I finally receive items, there’s usually something wrong with them: other customers’ dirty laundry (supposedly “new” clothes with stains, smells, signs of wear), and/or incorrect colors/sizes. 

I’m bummed, because, I love the brands offered at QVC. 

However, I just can’t see waiting almost a month for the original delivery, then having to go though the exchange process. I hate opening a package and finding dirty laundry.

All I get from CSRs is, “[we] will pass along your feedback”. Ok, so? What good has this accomplished? Processing times are getting longer, deliveries are being delayed even more so, and I keep getting used items.

No more dirty laundry. If it smells, has stains on it, has make-up/foundation marks around the neckline, and it’s been worn hard...I don’t want it. 

@Mido-rose  ... I have found that whenever I am told “[we] will pass along your feedback”. .. nothing gets done.  Very frustrating!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Equuleus wrote:

In the 25 years or more I've been shopping, I honestly never have experienced that.  Also I don't know what you would expect from CS.  They really have nothing to do with packaging/shipping/processing etc.  They are just doing their job of taking phone calls and correcting what is they can. 

@Equuleus   @Krimpette .. @kittyloo .. @GiantsLover  I once had QVC send  me a "NEW" leather handbag that was full of uneaten candy, candy wrappers, etc.  

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, I put my frustration out in my original post. I don’t want to mischaracterize the overall service that I’ve received from QVC, over the years. It has been good.

I don’t suspect a vendor/manufacturer issue at play, in my case. I believe customer returns/items are being processed incorrectly. Perhaps, there are conditions that prevent thorough inspection and sorting, presently. It would be interesting to determine where the items originated from & investigate. Are they sourced from a singular warehouse?

Could there be a link between current fulfillment issues/delays and the possible mishandling of returned items?

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Equuleus wrote:

In the 25 years or more I've been shopping, I honestly never have experienced that.  Also I don't know what you would expect from CS.  They really have nothing to do with packaging/shipping/processing etc.  They are just doing their job of taking phone calls and correcting what is they can. 

@Equuleus   @Krimpette .. @kittyloo .. @GiantsLover  I once had QVC send  me a "NEW" leather handbag that was full of uneaten candy, candy wrappers, etc.  

@Boehm Collector @Mido-rose Thanks for reminding me of something!

@Equuleus @Krimpette @Kachina624 @CLHS68 @carrie ann  I received a jacket that had USED Kleenex in the pocket!  Disgusting.

The reactions to other poster's problems here makes me really sad.

Contributor

I agree.  After years of no problems, in the last 6 months, I have received more than 5 pieces of returned clothing smelling like perfume or worse.  I stopped ordering the “clearance “ items as it seems it is these items that are the returns.

Respected Contributor

I have not experienced this but I have read about this before on the board. Used tissues in a pocket. The smell of a stale perfume on a sweater.. One poster showed a crossbody bag that was obviously used as leaather worn off and said there were some items left in it. If you order a new item it should be new. These items should be sold as is or go to the outlet stores.

Sounds like the warehouse gets in a hurry and does not look closely at the returns. Many posters here mention to  write in large letters defective when that is the case. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind purchasing a return as long as the item is in brand new condition.  i don't mind repakaged items.  it the item has bo, or is damaged, it's going back.