Trusted Contributor

Stop screwing with Cart and Checkout--won't recognize password

Every few months the website and/or app shopping cart and checkout functions are "updated" and they stop accepting my password. I've had to change my password several times because of this and it just keeps happening.

Today, the website checkout process would not accept my password, but the app did. In the past sometimes it has been the other way around. Sometimes neither works and I have to call in. Sometimes I get frustrated with it and decide I didn't really need to buy whatever that thing was.

I've never run across another merchant with IT issues like this. It's bizarre. I'm positive QVC is losing a lot of sales due to things like this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stop screwing with Cart and Checkout--won't recognize password

Hmmm, I've not heard of any other complaint along these lines.  Is it possible you're forgetting your psassword?  Changes to the website would have nothing to do with your password.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I'm not forgetting my password. I use a password manager.

Respected Contributor

I have never had that issue with QVC either, but I know sometimes automatic security updates occur with different web browsers and systems.

Just having a password manager is no guarantee that the password will work at all times and at all places.

This is not a QVC issue, but rather an issue with the user's technology.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had any password problems, but I did notice the other day that they've changed the e-z pay options on the checkout screen again.  I had to hunt to find out where to decline all e-z pays.  I'm really surprised no one has mentioned it.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

@loriqvc  mentioned the drop down feature in another post here in Customer Care.

Contributor

I have had the same problem with easy pay.  Can you share how to set to decline all easy pay?   

Esteemed Contributor

@matchup2449 - The checkout system defaults to the best Easy Pay plan available "as a courtesy to customers." If you don't want the option that is being offered, you need to manually select the option you do want every time you place an order.

Trusted Contributor

I had an issue with the app on my phone the other day with my password.  I just put the phone down waited a couple of hours, went back and everything was fine.  Glitches happen in technology, happens to me at Amazon, and Overstock, even happens on my work databases that I have to get into.  Sometimes I reboot my computer because I am one of those "When all else fails, Reboot" kinda people.  Doesn't hurt that my husband works in I.T.

The passwords I use often I know like the back of my hand, but I have been known to mistype them MANY times.  

Like I said, it is technology and it happens and it's going to happen.  in my world, really not a big deal. 

Having a password manager guarantees NOTHING.