Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,671
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

They were probably delivered to the wrong address and will show up in a few days.  That has happened to me many times.


Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling





Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,500
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

@NickNack wrote:

They were probably delivered to the wrong address and will show up in a few days.  That has happened to me many times.

-----------------

        It has happened to me several times, but my house was the wrong address!!  I often took the item down to the right home...usually on my street.  But it happened too many times, so I finally called UPS and they came to pick up items each time with an "I'm sorry". 

       But then I wonder...how many people actually ensure that items get to the right address??   I am willing to bet that many just keep them.  Isn't that stealing???


 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,706
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Our delivery people are in such a hurry. Wrong mail to me and neighbors We have a new carrier who after two years once a month mixes up mail, drives by mailbox flags, pours stuff in box so not to Have to stop in driveway. I heard mail carriers are hard to fire from a Retired one.. Last week I walked a UPS box . I am afraid to put important items in the box any more.

 

There was one lady at holiday time  on our local news rigged a fake box with used cat litter and cat food cans and left it hoping people would steal it on purpose. Luckily Q is good about replacing.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,553
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

@PinkyPetunia wrote:
When this happens it usually means the item was delivered to the wrong home. It happens all the time here.

@PinkyPetunia  Maybe, but there are a lot of "porch pirates" stealing packages from people's front stoops/porches.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,420
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@PinkyPetunia wrote:
When this happens it usually means the item was delivered to the wrong home. It happens all the time here.

Yes!  Plus since you personally did not sign for the delivery, you are not responsible if they were stolen or delivered to the wrong address.  Also notify your credit card company....they will reimburse you until  everything gets figured out. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,500
Registered: ‎08-20-2012

@corita wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

They were probably delivered to the wrong address and will show up in a few days.  That has happened to me many times.

-----------------

        It has happened to me several times, but my house was the wrong address!!  I often took the item down to the right home...usually on my street.  But it happened too many times, so I finally called UPS and they came to pick up items each time with an "I'm sorry". 

       But then I wonder...how many people actually ensure that items get to the right address??   I am willing to bet that many just keep them.  Isn't that stealing???

PS --

Can not believe it!   Just this sfternoon, received another package that was not for me, but for a lady living down the street.


 


 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,481
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

I'm so sorry.  I know how you feel.  I live near the end of a dead end street.

 

I had (in a box without any labels saying what it was) on my front porch a freaking fountain.  One of those big one's QVC sells.

 

That thing sat there for at least almost 2 months!  Through wind and rain.  You have to climb up 6 steps to get to it.  My house is at the top of a 200 ft long driveway totally open on a big hill.

 

Yet one the day before my friend was going to come and put it out back it was stolen!  It wouldn't fit in a car (too big and heavy).  The box was falling apart so it's not like they could pick up the box and take it.

 

That was probably 2 years ago.  We never figured out what happened.  I called FedEX and post office to see if they picked it up accidentally.  Nope, no record of it.  Never figured out.

 

So, I now have my packages delivered to the top of my driveway near the garage door.  I have a large plastic box that the packages are to be put in!  There is a closed lid on it!

 

I also purchased for the front and garage door one of those ring doorbells.  The front door one worked great until recently when I upgraded my internet and I have to reconnect it.  The garage one was a Ring2, I had to send it back because it was going off every 2 hours!  Ugh!

 

I think they are well worth the money.  I'm going to get another one to replace the one on the garage door.  I've read that a lot of people have had problems with the Ring2.

 

Again, I'm so sorry this happened to you.  It's terrible that people take from other's.  I understand how you feel.  I think unless you've had something stolen from you, a person will not understand the feelings.  No matter what it is, it's terrible.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,472
Registered: ‎03-28-2015

Sorry to hear that you didn't get your packages........hope they turn up..