Honored Contributor

Still Having To Reclick On Notifications

I can see on the screen when I have a notification, click on it, nothing.

Reclick, there are all of my notifications!

Honored Contributor

Re: Still Having To Reclick On Notifications

Me too!  🙄

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Same here. Been having this issue with notifications for awhile now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ditto

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG, Yes, I've been seeing this, too.

I think it's good to remember that it also affects the QVC Social Team -- when the notification system is broken, they experience it, too.

I'm concerned about the fact that it's another in a rapidly-growing list of technical problems all of which point to user database problems...  some of them date back to 2018 and it's evident they're not being addressed by the IT support staff.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo While I've "got ya", can you please explain to me how to @ a person with a double name that has a space in the middle.  Like "John Brown".  No problem if it's connected.

I can't call anyone with a double name with a space unless they have posted in the thread recently.

Thank you!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am also having this issue with notifications.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@dooBdoo While I've "got ya", can you please explain to me how to @ a person with a double name that has a space in the middle.  Like "John Brown".  No problem if it's connected.

I can't call anyone with a double name with a space unless they have posted in the thread recently.

Thank you!Smiley Happy

Hi, @ECBG!

The software on this site makes it difficult to pull up names with spaces in them, for sure.   I know of 3 ways to call them up.

1 -- If the person posted in the same thread...

go back to one of their posts and use the "reply" on that post

(even if you're not actually responding to that particular comment)

and you'll get their name in the list of the 5 default "@" choices.

2 -- On any post, regardless of whether or not the person posted in that thread...

if you type in the "@" and then the first part of their name but don't type a space or anything else after that name (that would be "@John" in your example), you'll get a list of choices.   

Sometimes it's really long, and you'll have to scroll down and try to find the one that matches the person you're looking for.   

(The list might be superimposed over other text on the page, and that makes it hard to see the names.)   

Also, this will work in some cases if you'll type the "@" and the second part of their name (that would be "@Brown" in your example).  If the second part of the name is one commonly used here, this doesn't work as well, though.

3 -- You can open a second browser tab for the Community,

find one of the person's posts on any thread,

click/tap "reply" on that post,

enter the "@" to get their name from the default choice list of 5 names,

copy the name in full (be sure to include it all, with the "@")

and then go back to your post and paste it there.

This might be clear as mud!  I'm not having the best of days, so I'm not sure how well I explained the options.   But maybe this will be a good start.   If you have questions, just ask and one of us here will be able to help.   Take care, and have a lovely day.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo Thank you!  I'm going to give it a try!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Uh huh... Me too... Still with the often unresponsive notifications... One begins to suspect this is a new 'feature' of the forums that'll be going nowhere fast, if ever...

@dooBdoo I share your concerns, and, like I said, going nowhere fast... Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...