Regular Contributor

The Brand Ambassador who presented these nail files 15 days ago should not be permitted back on QVC. Until this morning the delivery date was 9/3 now it has been extended to 9/18.  Why should I believe anything she says when there is no delivery of the product.  I am disgusted with QVC and the changes that are continuing.  I can shop elsewhere and get the item delivered at a reasonable length of time.  Now I cannot cancel the order but back it will go. 

Honored Contributor

Were those the files with the cross hatching?  You havn't missed anything.  I ordered these from HSN years ago and ended up tossing them.  If you accidentally hit the flat part of the nail you will have that design embedded until the nail grows out.

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy wrote:

The Brand Ambassador who presented these nail files 15 days ago should not be permitted back on QVC. Until this morning the delivery date was 9/3 now it has been extended to 9/18.  Why should I believe anything she says when there is no delivery of the product.  I am disgusted with QVC and the changes that are continuing.  I can shop elsewhere and get the item delivered at a reasonable length of time.  Now I cannot cancel the order but back it will go. 

Fault (if any) goes to QVC.  Not the vendor/brand ambassador.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@dmeasy wrote:

Fault (if any) goes to QVC.  Not the vendor/brand ambassador.

@rms1954 Nah.  I'm ready to blame anyone associated with this hot mess.  You can't depend on getting anything ever, but you can depend on the fact that you AND your "pending" money will be hostage for ever.  

AND should you NEED that money a month or two down the road, you don't know if you still have it or not, or when you might be charged for an item months down the road because you can't cancel!  

This was novel, rare and excused months back, but now it is just the way they do business--and it won't get better I am convinced.   LL Bean has trouble and slow orders, BUT they notify me and GIVE ME THE OPTION to cancel the item. 

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy    Have you not read a newspaper, heard the TV new about the Asian port closures, lines of ships waiting to unload at West Coast ports, the lack of availability of truck transport in the US?  Why I the world would you blame an innocent vendor rep for all of these unavoidable circumstances?  You are either sadly uninformed or just plain mean.  Nobody has any control over the state of international commerce as it is at present. All merchants are struggling. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I may have crossed over to mean about this now--when people hold my money forever and give no option to cancel!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Delays in shipping due to world circumstances cannot be used as an excuse forever.  QVC is aware of the circumstances as are the vendors.  They should not be selling products they do not have.  And not being able to cancel an item is inexcusable.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 I may have crossed over to mean about this now--when people hold my money forever and give no option to cancel!  Woman Surprised

@Sooner    Since you're not charged until the order ships, they're not holding your money.  However it could be hard to plan and budget not knowing when the charge will be applied.  If there's going to be a lenghtly wait, they should offer the option to cancel.  I wonder how the Federal Trade Commission feels about that?  Seems like I read somewhere that a merchant has 30 days to get an order shipped. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner    Since you're not charged until the order ships, they're not holding your money.  However it could be hard to plan and budget not knowing when the charge will be applied.  If there's going to be a lenghtly wait, they should offer the option to cancel.  I wonder how the Federal Trade Commission feels about that?  Seems like I read somewhere that a merchant has 30 days to get an order shipped. 

@Kachina624 Well I hope that's true--if not it should be.  I know some people live on a tight budget and it could leave them with no item, and no sure budget to buy something else because your item could be charged and sent a long time later.  .  That's not right.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner Those nail files were expensive.  If anyone is on a tight budget, it would be folly to order them.  

I bought one, just one at my local drug store and it was a heck of a lot cheaper.