Esteemed Contributor

Re: Something QVC moderators won't allow

@shopperqvc,  You'd make a BIG mistake if you assumed those who disagree with you do so because they're free of allergies.

Some of us are plagued by allergic reactions to multiple things. That includes life threatening reactions.

But a product review isn't the place for you to launch a crusade. 

Respected Contributor

@shopperqvc

I bought SKINN products from EVINE and the products contained Shea Butter for which I am allergic to but I kindly returned them unopened after I read the ingrediants.  It was my fault for not checking online before I bought them and of course, I did not expect the list of ingrediants to be mentioned during the presentation.

For you, it might be your are allergic to urea (example) that's in Dr Denise's Day and Night for me, it's shea butter.  Everyone has their own story so it would be against the Q standards to single out every ingrediant that someone has an allergic reaction to.

Valued Contributor

@x HedgeSo you think that a simple warning this product has aloe in it is a crusade? It saves someone from looking through a long list of chemical names to find it. It's not a 1 star review, it's just a take a closer look.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

So I gather this is really all about your wanting to post a product review that isn't actually a review.

Please take this the right way, but I don't want a description of your allergic reaction to X-ingredient in a product review. It doesn't belong there.

Even if the X-ingredient is not disclosed in a presentation or on the website?

I agree, the burden is on the  consumer but why can't Q be more responsive?

When I look at fashion reviews, I see some complaints that are similar.   The item was misrepresented, the size chart was misleading.   Some of the reviewers describe their body flaws, stating they bought something  presented as a loose fit, they get it home and it's tight.  TMI?   Privacy issue?

I know it's apples and oranges but I think the OP has a point.

Esteemed Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

@x HedgeSo you think that a simple warning this product has aloe in it is a crusade? It saves someone from looking through a long list of chemical names to find it. It's not a 1 star review, it's just a take a closer look.

@shopperqvc, based on your OP and follow up responses I dobut that your review was "a simple warning". 

I suspect that if you had posted something like "I was looking forward to receiving this product but was disappointed when I read the ingredients and saw it contains aloe to which I am highly allergic so had to return." your review would have been accepted.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

The words allergy, allergies, aloe, and aloe vera are all over around here.  I think the policy has to do with remarks that fall under federal privacy laws or even the spirit of those laws. 

Companies have to protect themselves from law suits just as we consumers need to protect ourselves from our allergies. QVC is actually a tiny part of Internet-type sales -  what do people with allergies do when they're buying products from a website instead of a TV show?  I'd use those same cautions for TV shopping. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@shopperqvc wrote:

@shopperqvc, based on your OP and follow up responses I dobut that your review was "a simple warning". 

I suspect that if you had posted something like "I was looking forward to receiving this product but was disappointed when I read the ingredients and saw it contains aloe to which I am highly allergic so had to return." your review would have been accepted.

@Marp I nominate you as the official writer for all reviews! You are so, so correct! It is all in how one says/writes something. There are productive ways of getting a point across and counterproductive ways. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure I get totally what the OP is upset about, but I will say that to be able to put in a review the fact that "I have an allergy to xyz and, I found xyz to be in the product after I bought and received it, so others with the same issue may want to take note" isn't something I would think QVC would or should reject in a review. 

It must have been more than that.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

The OP is upset that all the forum readers are not standing with her.

She believes she is right and wants to protect others against her mistake like mine that  I didn't read the ingrediants before I ordered.  

She wants to warn other buyers of the product of the allergic reaction that she suffers from.   I believe everyone is personally responsible for their own body of what to protect and not protect.

Valued Contributor

I ordered Pure Grace body & shower Gel. I tried it and within an hour realized I was having a reaction. Went in and rewashed, and packaged it to send back. My product review was simple. 4 stars," I like the smell of this, but have to return it due to an allergic reaction, possibly to the aloe in it". That is all I wrote. I received an email 3 days later saying I could not leave that review. So, the idea that I was on a crusade, or being too graphic is someone else's opinion.