Honored Contributor

Someone Tell Us What Names of Customers Announced on Air?

Something was posted about long-time customers' names being announced at the ends of shows--so could someone please clarify this for all of us?

Real names, nicknames, did QVC do this randomly without current permission, when, will it be done now regularly?

I and a number of others have concerns about this. So an official answer is in order. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Someone Tell Us What Names of Customers Announced on Air?

Yikes!

Did they really do this?  If they did, it is unacceptable.  I would not want my name put on National TV..............

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

where was it posted?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Sooner 

where was it posted?

@sunshine45 There was a posting about names of customers being announced at the end of some shows.

Before the mis-information train gets rolling, I thought I'd ask for more input and some official word about what really happened.  

As usual, I know nothing!  Woman Embarassed  For sure! 

Esteemed Contributor

They are from entrants to the Friends and Family Giveaway.   By entering,  you have given permission to the use of your name.

Honored Contributor

I know nothing either, but maybe they are announcing first name and last initial, like Katrina P.  I have seen them announce who was commenting on their Facebook Live videos before, but I don't think they used last names. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad I didn't enter this contest. I would never want my name in any form mentioned on air. What next pictures? All to make customers feel like friends and family? Jane wouldn't know know me from Adam on Pirates .....only Disney fans will get the reference.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you post pictures on the QVC Facebook page they can use them for marketing and advertising purposes.

It's done frequently.  Customers post pictures of themselves wearing LOGO or Graver and they have been used online/on air.

Honored Contributor

They announced names yesterday.....not full names just first names and last initials. 

I really didn't pay much attention to it but I know full names were not announced.

QVC Customer Care

@Sooner wrote:

Something was posted about long-time customers' names being announced at the ends of shows--so could someone please clarify this for all of us?

Real names, nicknames, did QVC do this randomly without current permission, when, will it be done now regularly?

I and a number of others have concerns about this. So an official answer is in order. 

@Sooner  Please search "QVC Friends & Family" for official rules.    Susan