Respected Contributor

Social Team Please Pass This Where It Belongs

[ Edited ]

I am in Northern Virginia.  QVC and HSN broadcast an over the air signal via ION Channel 66 package (WPXW) which broadcasts out of Manassas.  Back in July the signal was reduced and for months we could not receive the signal at all.  The outage was due to the FCC requirements to move OTA frequencies to free up space for Emergency Responders.  Every other station in the area changed frequencies/antennas, was down for some weeks, and, was back broadcasting at full power by August, except WPXW.  Now they are broadcasting but at a much lower power and most of us in my area do not receive the signals unless you have a roof antenna.  So QVC and HSN if you are paying WPXW to reach all of your customers in that market who use an inside antenna you are wasting your money INMHO.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Social Team Please Pass This Where It Belongs

It would be nice if QVC had a directory of its over-the-air channels, accompanied as you suggest by their intended coverage areas.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what the arrangement is with these lical channels but ours comes and goes too.  Q2 disappeared for about 2 months, then one day there it was.  Sometimes ours will get stuck on a frame and stay that way for several days.  It's like amateurs are running them part-time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Just to clarify an OTA signal is received by an antenna you have in your home.  It is not a cable, FIOS, Satellite etc reception.  It is what can be referred to as Free TV.  In this area only main channel HSN and Main channel QVC are broadcast from WPXW.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Just to clarify an OTA signal is received by an antenna you have in your home.  It is not a cable, FIOS, Satellite etc reception.  It is what can be referred to as Free TV.  In this area only main channel HSN and Main channel QVC are broadcast from WPXW.

Yes, I use only an antenna - no cable, fiber optic, satellite, etc.  I love it and receive QVC and HSN on 61-5 and 61-6, resp.  A couple other channels pick up QVC2 and others; I don't pay much attention to them.  It's frustrating sometimes when QVC OTA disappears from its usual channel, appears for about a week on another, but eventually returns to usual.