Highlighted
Contributor

Slip sliding away ...

[ Edited ]

I need to rant as many of you have done.

I am not the least bit impressed with the new president of QVC.  She is (to quote another president) a disaster!

First, QVC is no longer live 24 hours a day.  This business of replaying the same show for hours on end is nothing short of ridiculous.  If I woke up i the middle of the night, I'd turn on the Q and sometimes buy something.  No longer.

Second, it used to be you would receive your order in 7-10 days.  Now, it is 7-10 (or more) day from the date of order to get through "in process". 

Then, the post office adds another 3-4 days to the end of the delivery time.  What happened to UPS?  And I have UPS Choice!

Finally, more and more on-air personalities are fond of screaming to show their excitement over some mundane product.  Please - do not insult my intelligence.

End of rant.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Slip sliding away ...

[ Edited ]

Morning @Peggy 

I gave up watching QVC about 5 years ago.  In all honesty, I don't really miss it and have found many other places to shop.

When I worked, I really looked forward to my down time and shopping for holidays, etc.  As the years went by, I found myself feeling annoyed and aggravated more often than not.  

The screaming and fast talking were the first things to drive me away!

It's a shame, really, but I'm seeing more and more complaints about things on the boards, so it sounds like things are getting worse, rather than improving.

Honored Contributor

Someone here said the hosts scream to create excitement around products.  Maybe it works that way for some people, but not for me.  I go in the other direction. Certainly the host shouldn't be yawning and acting lackadaiscal but I think they can present professionally without sounding like a carnival barker.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't blame the new person, as it was kind of a dumpster fire when she got there. It will take some time to figure out what the fix is.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

To me, QVC has a lot of earmarks of a business about to go down the drain.  Sorry to say, but I think the end is near.   It seems to have the Sears, Pennys, Macy's struggles with merchandise, shipping, and competence.  

Valued Contributor

I am very frustrated too!  After Christmas should be a total diaster! Tired of apologies. Anyway I did want to tell you if you have UPS mychoice there's a place to upgrade all packages. Mine come right to my front door. If something is very small it does go to mail. You can choose what to upgrade or I just made the choice of automatic upgrade. I hope that helps you. 

Honored Contributor

Sad

Respected Contributor

Can you imagine if QVC were a brand new entity just starting out right now?  With their non-competitive pricing and dismal shipping alone, they'd never make it.  They are lucky they have some of us die-hard customers to fall back on to keep them afloat with promises of improved shipping and Thanksgiving greeting cards. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat  Completely agree.  I wonder how many "new" customers QVC attracts each month.  For some it has become an "addiction" for company/entertainment.  I don't think younger people need to look to the Q for that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner going down the drain.......no way - no how - although a lot of posters here make that prediction.   The convenience of shopping at home with coffee on the sofa is something stores (J C Penny) can't offer.  Q maybe the reason some stores are closing.