Contributor

Sizing of QVC Brands in Tops and Blouses

I am going to give up buying tops and blouses from QVC.  I am between sizes L and XL, and I don't understand why there is such a big difference in bust sizes between the two.  If you look at sizing from XXS through Large, the increments are 2 inches.  But, the increment jumps 4 inches between L and XL.  Then, there is only half an inch difference between XL and 1X.  Then, between 1X, 2X, and 3X the difference is 4 inches.  Why isn't the increment between sizes the same?  If I order a Large the item is usually a bit too snug.  If I order a XL, I am swiming in the item.  Sigh.  Good-bye to QVC tops.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sizing of QVC Brands in Tops and Blouses

I understand what you're saying and I agree. I buy more clothing from HSN than QVC. At times the difference between sizes is 3 inches in the bust. I think that is too much. IMO there should be a standard amount of difference between sizes, maybe 2 inches. I have passed on more than one item because the garment measurements would not work for me.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I check the garment size chart on every single thing I buy, although I nearly always wear the same size in QVC clothing.  There is that occasional rogue piece that runs larger or smaller than most.  I know exactly what number to look for to get the perfect fit.  I almost never have to return clothing, so I fail to see a problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It depends on the brand. I only buy shirts or tops from Denim & Co. when I buy from Q and my size never changes.

Valued Contributor

I have had the same problem. It's been worse over the last year. There is a big difference between L& XL. So I have given up. Some of the material used was awful too. I guess I will just have to wait to try clothes on. Although I have found some very nice tops at Penney's. Their St. John's Bay tees are great & their XL fits me. They even have tall sizes! I recently hit a day of free shipping over $49.00. Once our store opens you can return with a receipt 30 days from reopening. Mine all fit & I got two for my Mom!

Respected Contributor

I usually wear the same size across most QVC designers, especially the ones I buy from regularly.

I always watch the videos to see how the garments fit because every once in a while a piece is manufactured to run larger or smaller.

I just had to send back a really lovely IM lace dress because it ran too large in the bust as well, while the  IM lace dress from last year in the same size fit perfectly.

But I have many, many more hits than misses so I am a satisfied fashion customer!

Valued Contributor

@MSUSpartan155 I totally agree, I am in the same size range.  You can get a good fit whan they range 16-18, but that means several additional sizes for them, therefor more expense.  That's just the way it is.

Honored Contributor

@DAD Sounds like some good bargains!

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I could write a book about QVC's sizing.  

Trusted Contributor

My biggest peeve about QVC clothing sizing is the XL and 1X.  There is only a 1/2 inch difference!  why?  Why bother making a size XL when it is only 1/2 inch smaller than the 1X?  There used to be a 2-inch difference between the XL and 1X.  I have no idea why it was changed to only 1/2 inch.

I remember way back when QVC did not offer size XL, and the difference between the L and 1X was anywhere from 5 to 7 inches.  So we clamored to get a size XL to fill in this gap.  It worked for a couple of years, but then the 1X size was made much smaller, only 1/2 inch larger than the XL.

I've also noticed that when the "trend" was "closer fitting" clothing, the measurements got narrower so the clothing would fit tighter.  But since the trend now is for not as close-fitting, the Missy sizes have gotten a bit larger, but the plus sizes not as much.

I'm happy for those who don't have a problem with QVC sizing, but I am experiencing sizing issues the same as the others who posted here. 

It is very helpful that the Q does offer a garment measurement chart and when they post it on the screen during the presentations.  However, I have purchased many items that didn't align with these measurements.