Trusted Contributor

Size difference in Denim & Co TSV Bermuda Shorts not addressed

[ Edited ]

I don't know if this will do any good but I wanted to make you aware that neither Gary nor the hosts are addressing the fact that the Denim vs Colored Denim shorts fit differently.

These shorts have the same issue as last year.  I watched the midnight presentation and once again neither Gary nor the host is addressing it.  Do you wonder why there is a different item number for colored vs denim selection?    That is because the Denim colors are 1" smaller in both the waist and hips then the Colored Denim choices.

I understand that fabrics take certain dyes differently, but I see no reason, with the volume QVC does, that you don't cut the fabric larger so that no matter what denim choice you choose, they will fit the same.  Unless people are looking very carefully at the size chart, that 1" difference can make one part of shorts fit and not the other.

Gary is obviously aware of the fit differences and QVC is doing their customers a disservce by not pointing this out during the presentations to avoid the inevitable returns.

Respected Contributor

Re: Size difference in Denim & Co TSV Bermuda Shorts not addressed

Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

I'm glad you brought this up.  I was looking at the size chart on QVC.com for the colored shorts and noticed that the "click here" measurements didn't match the measurements showin during the TV presentation.  Thanks to your post, I know that the TV presentation is showing the measurements for the traditional denim shorts and the colored shorts have different measurements.  For me, it's more difficult choosing the correct size when the item is offered in numerical sizing and this discrepancy just adds to the confusion. 

Valued Contributor

Holy Cow! Why the difference? The 'fabrication' is the same, 98/2. I am not buying as I don't care for denim shorts, but shouldn't the hosts point this out so people don't end up with tight shorts and expensive returns? 

Thanks for pointing this out.

Valued Contributor

Hi

@vickie25 wrote:

I don't know if this will do any good but I wanted to make you aware that neither Gary nor the hosts are addressing the fact that the Denim vs Colored Denim shorts fit differently.

These shorts have the same issue as last year.  I watched the midnight presentation and once again neither Gary nor the host is addressing it.  Do you wonder why there is a different item number for colored vs denim selection?    That is because the Denim colors are 1" smaller in both the waist and hips then the Colored Denim choices.

I understand that fabrics take certain dyes differently, but I see no reason, with the volume QVC does, that you don't cut the fabric larger so that no matter what denim choice you choose, they will fit the same.  Unless people are looking very carefully at the size chart, that 1" difference can make one part of shorts fit and not the other.

Gary is obviously aware of the fit differences and QVC is doing their customers a disservce by not pointing this out during the presentations to avoid the inevitable returns.

Hi @vickie25,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team! It may be that this is something we want to look into in terms of how we present this item.

Brittany 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Brittany.

Honored Contributor

Remember the jeans that they had as a TSV in the fall or winter?  They offered them in denim and colored denim?  They had the very same issue with those as well.   The denim fit differently than the colored denim and there were a lot of negative reviews and returns on those jeans. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the information. I almost ordered several pair today, but after some Women with Control sizing issues and a Denim and Co top,  I've had to return 3 pair of pants, hoping that another size will fit. I"m just giving up on the top!  You just get to a point where you're better off going into a store to try clothes on ( I really don't like to do that), but the shipping costs are just not something that I'm happy with.  If sizing cannot be consistent, I'm going to another shopping option!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Remember the jeans that they had as a TSV in the fall or winter?  They offered them in denim and colored denim?  They had the very same issue with those as well.   The denim fit differently than the colored denim and there were a lot of negative reviews and returns on those jeans. 

I agree that it's a good idea to mention the possible fit difference on air so people are aware.

This isn't just a D&C issue, though. Anywhere I have ever bought stretch denim jeans that also come in colors, whether shorts or long, the denim always fits snugger than say the twill. I have tried on in-store, bought online, and it's common. I see comments on websites about it from customers. I've been aware of it for years.  There must be a fairly good reason that manufacturers have this ongoing for years and not changed it, but I have no idea what. I just know that it's not a D&C thing exclusively.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all