Valued Contributor

I received my Laurie Felt baby bell jeans today & the size chart is not even close! I mean 4 inches off! Why can't someone straighten the sizing out?? I have a 44 hip so I went with the txl. The size chart says the low hip of 43. Now I have to wait for a month for a tl if they even have my color left.  

Honored Contributor

I find the size charts to be very accurate.  I always check them before ordering and almost never send anything back due to poor fit.  I've never seen a measurement off by 4".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I find the size charts to be very accurate.  I always check them before ordering and almost never send anything back due to poor fit.  I've never seen a measurement off by 4".

I totally agree, especially if looking at the “click here” size chart for the individual garment. Those are charts I rely on to compare my body measurements to the garment specs. I’ve never gone wrong, and not by 4”. But if usingbtge generic how-to-measure and QVC sizes, there is a much greater chance of ordering a wrong size. 

I agree with the OP that it is a frustratingly long interval to accomplish an exchange and frequently the size desired is ultimately sold out. 

Buying clothes online line can be a ****** shoot unless you know the garment measurements. Maybe I’ve just been lucky. 

Respected Contributor

@DAD wrote:

I received my Laurie Felt baby bell jeans today & the size chart is not even close! I mean 4 inches off! Why can't someone straighten the sizing out?? I have a 44 hip so I went with the txl. The size chart says the low hip of 43. Now I have to wait for a month for a tl if they even have my color left.  

I agree with @DAD!  I also received my Laurie Felt jeans today and they were WAY too tight.  According to the measurements, they should have fit perfectly.  Not happy!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I have had some of the same problems with QVC clothing, not 4 inches, but up to 2 inches.  If something doesn't fit, I measure it very carefully, then compare it to the size chart.

Even though I always use the size chart before I purchase anything, I sometimes find sizing within the same size to be different.  Two size 8's in different colors do not always measure the same.  

One of the posters here said she read China puts on the wrong size labels if they run out of the correct ones.  

Also, to save money on lower priced garments, some manufacturers cut too many pieces of fabric at one time that causes inconsistent sizing.  

Respected Contributor

Go to the “click here“ measurements for the size you ordered, and see what the measurements are. And then measure what you actually received.

Do they match? If they don’t call customer service.   I have found the size charts to be pretty useless, I always go to the click here measurements because they are truly the actual measurements of the garment and I can compare that to what I got.

The only time I’ve ever gotten into trouble is when I first bought LOGO jeans, And they were such a good deal, I didn’t pay attention to the % of spandex, but I knew they had some spandex.  When I actually tried to put them on they were too small, they were only 1% spandex. The truly stretchy pants are between five and 8% spandex big big difference and much much more forgiving.

Honored Contributor

I am guessing you used the wrong meaurements.  The size guide is to the right of the available sizes.  They are generic measurements.  Not sure of their purpose being on the page.,

the click here measurements are listed last under the garment details.  Those are the correct measurements to use.  I also have no issues by using them.

Valued Contributor

Re: Size charts

[ Edited ]

I used the specific garment measurement. There's 4 inch differerence between a large & the xl. I went with the xl because the hip was supposed to be 43". The L is 39"! I have a 44" hip so tell me how the customer is supposed to know you can put a 44 hip in a 39 hip garment??????

Valued Contributor

Yours were too tight & mine are too large. I have a feeling the tags are not right. Mine were hugh!! I am giving up unless it's something I already am sure of. It's not fun running to the post office & who knows what I'll get if I exchange it. One more try & they can pay the S & H!

Valued Contributor

After reading more reviews on the Laurie Felt baby bell TSV I have decided to return them. I had better not get charged s&h for the return. The size charts are so far off in many reviews that For petite, regular & tall that there is no quality control. When I said my were huge all over by 4 inches in the waist & hips area I was not kidding. The legs were way to wide also. I think the labels are not correct. I also noticed someone complaing about LF jeans in a Belle review. Apparently people are having similar problems with Belle's sizing too! I would try a smaller size bt I don't have time to fool around trying to find a pair with the correct tag.