Honored Contributor

Re: Should we contact 'corporate' about this website?

As for that FB group, it appears it was created at the end of January so if they're going to force a migration, or try to, it hasn't happened yet. It appears they have a lot of members, but not as much activity as one might expect. What I saw was 18K members but only 60 posts today. Not sure that can take the place of the forums unless they force the issue. Yet another aspect of QVC's youth movement, one suspects.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

If I sign in at the top of the forum page, I have no issues.  I can understand having to sign in twice, because the system for the forum is probably outsourced, on a different server, run by different software, due to performance problems, security, etc.  Not a real issue.

Yes, I'd shut it down too because of all the griping and whining about such small issues as signing in twice.   Ok, so you might have to sign in two times, is that really a problem in your life?  

@Sooner  You're oversimplifying the problem. If it was a matter of having to do no more than sign in twice, I suspect we could all live with that. We shouldn't have to, but we could. It's a matter of not being able to get in at all, for hours and hours, of having to perform machinations above and beyond accessing any other website to simply log in and so on. If you haven't experienced the problems then you're fortunate. Wordy, I know, but read my full first post and perhaps you'll better understand the problem.

@stevieb I have worked in IT, worked with IT, and have way more than a passing knowledge.  I was one of the first webmasters in the U.S.  

What I know is that it is a complex and expensive business and how much a company would devote in time, expense and software reworking plus server time that is expensive is pretty iffy in today's business model.

So do you want something imperfect or nothing?  I don't think this forum amounts to something any company would spend big bucks on, and I think we are really lucky to have it in any state.

I am more thankful it is here, and I understand it isn't a priority for QVC.  So a little bother?  Fine by me.  I know the issues. 

And yes, I have fought with every issues about the forum glitches we are experiencing.  And I have a pretty good idea why most occur.  Been there, done that myself.  

Honored Contributor

I see some of the Q hosts are in the FB group. Guess we never will be allowed to say a negative word about anyone lol.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

If I sign in at the top of the forum page, I have no issues.  I can understand having to sign in twice, because the system for the forum is probably outsourced, on a different server, run by different software, due to performance problems, security, etc.  Not a real issue.

Yes, I'd shut it down too because of all the griping and whining about such small issues as signing in twice.   Ok, so you might have to sign in two times, is that really a problem in your life?  

@Sooner  You're oversimplifying the problem. If it was a matter of having to do no more than sign in twice, I suspect we could all live with that. We shouldn't have to, but we could. It's a matter of not being able to get in at all, for hours and hours, of having to perform machinations above and beyond accessing any other website to simply log in and so on. If you haven't experienced the problems then you're fortunate. Wordy, I know, but read my full first post and perhaps you'll better understand the problem.

@stevieb I have worked in IT, worked with IT, and have way more than a passing knowledge.  I was one of the first webmasters in the U.S.  

What I know is that it is a complex and expensive business and how much a company would devote in time, expense and software reworking plus server time that is expensive is pretty iffy in today's business model.

So do you want something imperfect or nothing?  I don't think this forum amounts to something any company would spend big bucks on, and I think we are really lucky to have it in any state.

I am more thankful it is here, and I understand it isn't a priority for QVC.  So a little bother?  Fine by me.  I know the issues. 

And yes, I have fought with every issues about the forum glitches we are experiencing.  And I have a pretty good idea why most occur.  Been there, done that myself.  

Well @Sooner  I understand this perspective and having worked closely with IT providers myself, I guess I just don't agree that what is being offered is acceptable. Clearly, they can run an accessible website, but they just aren't consistently doing so. I do understand this is not a priority and agree, I too am grateful we have the forums, despite the quirks, limitations and the extent to which they have been diluted, but I guess my feeling is access to them should be far more simple than some of us are finding it lately. Past a certain level of 'imperfection', the experience just isn't viable...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding the QVC's official

"We #loveQVC" Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc/) linked in the banner...

@Kim-QVC's note on the closed Community Chat thread

"A Big Thank You to the Posters Here":

"This post has been removed by QVC because it not true and causing too much concern. The QVC Community forums are not closing or being replaced by the new Facebook group. Please do not worry."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I have a pretty good idea why most occur.  Been there, done that myself.  

@Sooner 

Is it possible for you to explain in layman's terms why these issues occur so frequently on QVC?

From what I see on other websites, including smaller social media, they are pretty stable and don't experience so many issues so frequently.  They also solve the problem quickly when they do encounter an issue. 

I've had to sign in several times on the Forum for a long time, so I'm used it to it, but asking for a new nickname is a bit odd. Closing the page has been working for me, but it's another issue when viewers can't log on without changing it. 

I do think there are reasons why QVC supports the Forum that are advantageous for them.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for that FB group, it appears it was created at the end of January so if they're going to force a migration, or try to, it hasn't happened yet. It appears they have a lot of members, but not as much activity as one might expect. What I saw was 18K members but only 60 posts today. Not sure that can take the place of the forums unless they force the issue. Yet another aspect of QVC's youth movement, one suspects.

QVC is not forcing a migration.  

If you don't like QVC, why do you even post here.  Seems like a huge waste of energy...

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Regarding the QVC's official

"We #loveQVC" Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc/) linked in the banner...

please see @Kim-QVC's note on the closed Community Chat thread

"A Big Thank You to the Posters Here"

(at https://community.qvc.com/t5/Community-Chat/A-Big-Thank-You-to-the-Posters-Here/m-p/7005963#M1762324):

"This post has been removed by QVC because it not true and causing too much concern. The QVC Community forums are not closing or being replaced by the new Facebook group. Please do not worry."

Thanks to you @dooBdoo for highlighting this and offering assurances posted by QVC that the forums are NOT being replaced by the FB group. Perhaps with that added confidence some of us might consider expressing our concerns about the recent somewhat dismal log-in experience. I know I plan to. If we remain complacent we can't expect anything to change. The problem has only gotten worse.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I have a pretty good idea why most occur.  Been there, done that myself.  

@Sooner 

Is it possible for you to explain in layman's terms why these issues occur so frequently on QVC?

From what I see on other websites, including smaller social media, they are pretty stable and don't experience so many issues so frequently.  They also solve the problem quickly when they do encounter an issue. 

I've had to sign in several times on the Forum for a long time, so I'm used it to it, but asking for a new nickname is a bit odd. Closing the page has been working for me, but it's another issue when viewers can't log on without changing it. 

I do think there are reasons why QVC supports the Forum that are advantageous for them.

I wondered the same @Foxxee. Clearly, if someone can help them (or us) fix the problem, everyone wins!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this @dooBdoo !  I'm not sure I would have seen Kim's comment.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau