Contributor

Shoe packaging complaint/shipping

I order a lot of shoes.  They used to pack the shoe boxes inside another box when you order multiple pairs of the same style.  NOT NOW!  I ordered 3 pairs of the Doctor Scholls tsv and only 2 arrived each had the sticker attached to each actual shoe box and the boxes were not taped securely shut so they were open.  No packing slips were attached or inside the boxes.  QVC packaging of shoes is ridiculous.  So Disappointed!Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Re: Shoe packaging complaint/shipping

I also got those boxes from Dr. Scholl's and didn't like them. If you go to the Dr. Scholl's website, you'll see an explanation that they're doing this for conservation of materials. Also, no packing slips or return labels. This is done by Dr. Scholl's, not QVC. 

Honored Contributor

Remind me not to order Dr. Scholls.  I store my shoes in their boxes and don't like them banged up with stickers all over.  

Trusted Contributor

@verarose   I just received a couple lug trolley bags.  They arrived in a clear plastic bag with one end of the bag completely open.  You could see the bags clearly.  Anyone could have reached in the bag and taken them.  I can't believe that QVC or Lug would send out a product in this condition.   

Honored Contributor

I buy a lot of shoes to.and I have not experienced that.  My shoes come in a shoe form, wrapped in tissue paper and in a shoe box that has a clear elastic band keeping it closed.  The shoes comes in packing box that is well sealed with packing tape.  All my shoes arrive like that.

Honored Contributor

I just got a pr of birkies from amazon yesterday and they did the same thing. slides wrapped in just tissue paper inside the box taped up and sent out. Not the right size anyway - their interrpretation of EU sizing vs mine which means I got the same size and I already have. My intention was to size down one but this didn't work out. back they go in the same tissue paper they sent to me.

Shoes NOT in their respective boxes is a No No for me whether they fit or not - from anywhere!!!

Contributor

You are lucky.  Do you mind telling me what brands you have ordered so I know which brands are taking care with their orders.  

Contributor

What brands of shoes are taking care and packaging them in a shoe box and placing it in a sealed outer box?  I think that sticking a label on the shoebox itself and sending it out is done to save the vendor money and nothing to do with conservation.  Most people recycle cardboard boxes in their recycling bin. 

This will probably make me go back to brick and mortar stores instead of dealing with all the lack of care about the consumer packaging that is going on at QVC.  HSN on the other hand has always done an excellent job of using cardboard boxes sealed to send out their merchandise.  How can 2 companies owned by the same parent company be so different when it comes to taking care sending out orders to customers?  HSN does refunds right away while QVC takes at least 2 billing cycles.