Frequent Contributor

Shipping through the Post Office...

Is there anyway to PAY to just have UPS deliver packages? Our post office (not speaking of the postal system in general) is horrible. They leave your package on the curb, deliver to the wrong address or just don't deliver at all. We have a VERY long driveway and you can't see the curb from the house. This is just a recent occurance and judging from our Nextdoor Board is definitely a problem at our post office (which just happens to be right next to QVC) I would gladly pay to have my packages delivered by UPS. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping through the Post Office...

It is my understanding you can ask for faster shipping, which would be UPS when you check out. It will cost you more

I have signed up for UPS to bring my packages all the way, not just deliver them to the post office and leave the rest up to the local people, as so many of the shipments can end up being. I think I pay $99/yr, which is well worth it since I have so many deliveries. It is called UPS My Choice.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Yes.  Sign up for UPS My Choice Premium.  

You have been receiving packages picked up by UPS, then delivered to USPS.  To save money, this relationship delivers two ways.  USPS Surepost and Mail Innovations.

When you sign up for UPS My Choice Premium, UPS will deliver all packages over 2 lbs, but will not deliver those under 2 lbs, Mail Innovations.  They are dropped off at an USPS facility for delivery.

UPS charges $19 a year for My Choice Premium.  

You must consider what you buy.  If most of what you order, clothing, jewelry, that's under 2 lbs, this plan won't benefit you.  

I signed up last November and am very pleased; however, most of my orders are over 2 lbs.  

There's no other option for you to get your packages sooner other than to upgrade shipping when you place your order, but that's only the delivery.  It doesn't speed up how quickly your order is processed by QVC.  

I tried that several times.  I thought it was two-day shipping.  Delivery took around 5 days, not worth the extra money to me.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee Thanks for clarifying the cost per year. I must be thinking of Amazon Prime or some other company. $19 is very reasonable for getting our packages quicker and in better condition. Love having UPS deliver the majority of my packages.

Trusted Contributor

Greetings, all!  I'm on the UPS Choice Premium and will say, if you sign up, be prepared for some of your shipments to still go via USPS due to an error on UPS's part.  Frustrating at times but thankfully not the majority of shipments.

Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

It is my understanding you can ask for faster shipping, which would be UPS when you check out. It will cost you more

I have signed up for UPS to bring my packages all the way, not just deliver them to the post office and leave the rest up to the local people, as so many of the shipments can end up being. I think I pay $99/yr, which is well worth it since I have so many deliveries. It is called UPS My Choice.

Good luck!

World Traveler, I have been preaching about bumping up the shipping for months now.  I think no one really wants to have to pay for it though.  To me and I see to you too, it's WAY worth it.  I'll try one more time.  Anyone who places an order, it gets defaulted to the $3.50 method.  THIS method is the very lowest in priority so it just sits and MAYBE if you get lucky you get it.  I choose the middle one.  It's called Express Shipping.  It's UPS ALL THE WAY and I get it in two days.  IT MOVES!  It costs $12.50 and may go up but I don't have to baby sit my orders.  SO worth it AND it get broken up into the easy pays anyway.  A nice poster showed me this.  You can choose your shipping method on the check out page where the shipping info is.