Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping is going to sink the Q

The good news for me is, my 5/4 order shipped 5/9, made it from SoCal to NoCal, via UPS, transferred to my post office, in less than 24 hours, and should (hopefully) be delivered tomorrow.

The bad news is my 5/1 order is still in processSmiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Not allowing order cancellations is an antiquated policy, just like their entire shipping process. QVC must depend on what they charge for shipping as a big revenue source....but charging extra for shipping when customers easily can go elsewhere for free shipping and better quality and selection seems a very poor business decision; their other companies must keep QVC afloat.
Respected Contributor

Maybe it's a mind game I play with myself, but I feel my Amazon Prime membership is free.  You see, I use Amazon's reward credit card for every purchase on their website (and nowhere else).  At this moment, I have over $100 in rewards accrued, and my Prime membership won't be ready for renewal until this Fall.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Disagree with those of you who mentioned that QVC's proprietary brands are worth it.  D&C, SG, QF type items can be found elsewhere.  I just received 2 tops from Lord & Taylor.  No scratchy labels, not made in China, one is 100% cotton, the other a soft cotton/rayon.  Total cost including s&h -- under $23.00.  Ordered on the 4th, received the 8th.

I am also not happy since QVC and HSN are being operated as one.  HSN is not having the price reductions they once had and is charging s/h for shoes which they never did in the past.  

Now that all stores have a website (not true when the Q began) the novelty of the shopping networks for me is over.

@kaydee50.  HSN was poorly managed by their CEO,  and their generosity with free shipping and coupons was causing them to operate in the red.  If they'd continued and QVC hadn't bailed them out, they'd probably be bankrupt.

@Kachina624  In my opinion HSN has always been a dump. Why QVC or Qurate wanted to buy it is beyond me. Now QVC is becoming a dump. They had better turn things around quick.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm happy to report my 5/4 order was delivered yesterday, and my 5/1 order has finally shipped.

I'm glad I couldn't cancel, because I love the Cuddl Duds pjs that arrived yesterday, but overall, not happy with the in-process time.  I probably won't order from QVC again until the shipping/in-process time improves.

Valued Contributor

qvc is trying to improve, growing pains, warehouse issues, please, I could sell whoever believes that a couple of bridges.  This has been going on 5 plus months, it is called not employing enough people for the processing department, shipping department, and credits.  They recycle employees from one department to help another.  My high school son could run it better tha Jeff George, and the rest of corporate

Trusted Contributor

That is so true.  I order items from other vendors.  I get my NYDJ from Nordstrom and they have been on great sale prices.  I get shoes from Clark directly and also get sale prices.  I get shoes from other vendors.  The Processing and Shipping on QVC is so bad. Every other online vendor gets my items shipped quickly.   It always surprises me that I can get items two days later from some vendors.  I guess I got used to the lengthy process on QVC.  That's not good enough for me.  I've waited 10-14 days for some items lately.   I ordered two tops (identical) in the same order and one has shipped and the other has been in process forever.  I'm still waiting for one of the two pairs of beach pants TSV I ordered.  If I don't get my Dawkins earrings within a few days as I was told on the phone, I'm going to make a big stink.  I'm pretty much finished with QVC for a while and I mean months.

Trusted Contributor

You are still happy because as you stated, you don't order much now.  This huge problem started several months ago.  If you prefer QVC when an item is in process for 12 days and then get the wrong item, then that's up to you.  I won't accept that kind of service and I shop a lot lately.  People are waiting for items for longer than two weeks.  Read the posts on different threads.  Lots of people are getting the wrong item.  Something drastic is going on.  I'd love to know what could cause all of this chaos on shipments.

Trusted Contributor

You don't need to belong to Prime to get speedy shipping on Amazon.  I don't belong and won't. For the most part, items come way faster from Amazon than QVC.  Once a few months ago, my sister and I both ordered a dvd from Amazon (same one) and she belonged to Prime and got hers within a few days.  A week after she got hers, I hadn't received mine.  I called and they shipped it out quickly.  So other companies do try to rectify problems.  One your item is In Process at QVC it's in a black hole where no one seems capable of doing anything.

Every other online vendor ships quickler than QVC.    I can't help that they bit off more than they can chew with the new warehouse.  They should have had this figured out and they should have informed customers, not just those "in the know".    I shouldn't have to "google" to find out about problems at QVC (although I haven't tried that yet and don't know if there is any information out there about this issue).  I'm very irritated and taking time off from them.  

Trusted Contributor

AMEN!