Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping is going to sink the Q

[ Edited ]

I have become quite disenchanted with QVC over the last year mainly shipping, exchanges, quality and pricing of merchandise.  Been a customer since they were CVN. The exchange program which is highly touted "on air" has proven to me to be a farce.  I have returned items for either size or color exchange and more often than not end up with a refund, and item is in stock; so you go through CS/QVCSocialTeam, they make adjustment on return shipping charge and a reorder is done if you choose to do so--this is unnecessary due to return department incompetence.   Their return system as well as the shipping system has been broken by QVC in its quest to make more profit....we the customer are getting taken too frequently; pay attention to returns! Some are miscalculated, some are not even refunded!  Had one order where shipping was charged on plant bulbs that were always free ship.  And, quality of merchandise has decreased; some of the clothing declined while prices increased. This year receiving live plants from CF has been a disaster; the newer shipping protocol contributing to the lengthy time in transit, sitting at UPS or USPS over the weekend, etc.  The plants I have received have either been way too wet or way to dry, of course not surviving...no more orders for CF.  Roberta's has done better, shipping live plants early in week and not stuck in USPS or UPS on weekend.  I have received more items damaged due to the numerous UPS and/or USPS stops....never had things defective due to damage in transit until the last year with this foolish ship protocol.  Why does something leave Florence, SC, go to GA, NC, NJ, PA and MD for final delivery.... everything is routed through different mailing hubs, no wonder it takes so long or packaging gets damaged in transit.  Over the last 2 weeks I have received 2 small packages damaged which affected the product in packaging.  Returned as damaged/defective. I just received a food produict yesterday that was warm, melted and not edible.  Again, all this requiring followup with CS/QVCSocialTeam. Disenchantment and less buying here!

Honored Contributor

Absolutely. Altho,I got my gift in plenty of time.

Honored Contributor

Placed an order with Amazon this morning.  Delivery date is May 14 -16 coming directly from Amazon, not one of their sellers.  6 - 8 days.  That's the penalty for not being a Prime member.  But, shipping is free. 

Also, placed an order with Walmart this morning.  Will get it Friday, 2 days from now with Walmart's 2 day free shipping guarantee.  Walmart is promising overnight delivery in the future with no Prime type membership.  

Has anyone looked at Walmart's website recently?  You won't recognize it.  

The war is on!

Have had several delays with QVC, up to 8 days "In Process."    But, for the past 5 orders, QVC shipped within 2 days.  4-5 days shipping.  Most of my orders used to come from a warehouse in Pennsylvania.  Sometimes, I received packages within a day or two.  Now, most come from North Carolina; which explains the longer transit time. 

Honored Contributor

@CharboPiplou  Completely agree with you.  If I see something I like on QVC, I often check other websites for better prices and/or shipping.  Nothing the Q sells is unique.

And I don't watch to see a particular host most of whom I don't even recognize anymore so it's just the products I'm interested in.

Honored Contributor

QVC is working toward improving.  They've been having "growing pains" with the acquisition of HSN.  They've purchased a 1 million plus sq ft warehouse in Bethlehem, Pa., that's being remodeled and outfitted for their purpose.  Expect to move in early next year.  Possibly the largest warehouse in Pa.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I agree. I am currently waiting for a delivery of two items I ordered 12 days ago, Too long.

Respected Contributor

Where QVC has us in their clutches is with their proprietary brands, i.e. Denim & Co, Graver, Logo.  You can't comparison shop.  For instance, the upcoming Women With Control TSV pedal pushers.  I have a few pair of these that I got several yrs back and just about live in them all summer.  And given how badly I HATE to shop for pants, I'll order multiples of this TSV and gladly wait to get them.  Except the entire time I'm waiting I'll be thinking "It shouldn't take this long"!

Regular Contributor

Do not get me started on this topic.  Horrible, horrible shipping with charges.  Not buying as much, as I would rather Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Besides the prolonged shipping time, the ridiculous amount of time it takes to receive a refund will help sink it too, IMO.

I'm waiting for 3 refunds, which were received at QVC over a week ago and I didn't even use their 'snail mail' return label, I paid on my own dime (dollars).

After 24 years, I've decided to just stop ordering from QVC.

You don't have to beat me in the head with a rock, before I 'get it'.

Welcome to the "new and improved QVC"......

Apparently I needed one more rock to really get it.  Decided to order again from QVC even though I had planned on not ordering again until shipping issues were resolved.

Placed an order for a Josie Maran item on May 1, still in process, although I did receive an email from QVC on May 6 that there was a shipping delay but I should receive it by May 13.  Yeah, right.

Ordered a Cuddl Duds item on May 4, still in process.

My last Amazon order, I choose the option for regular delivery as opposed to 2-day to get the $5 credit on my account, since it was an item I didn't mind waiting for.  Still received it within 5 days, and with some of the other Amazon orders I've done longer shipping on for the $5 credit, still received them within 2-3 days.

My fault for letting myself be drawn back into QVC and their shipping issues.  Once again, I'm saying never again, QVC, unless/until shipping problems get resolved.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC is working toward improving.  They've been having "growing pains" with the acquisition of HSN.  They've purchased a 1 million plus sq ft warehouse in Bethlehem, Pa., that's being remodeled and outfitted for their purpose.  Expect to move in early next year.  Possibly the largest warehouse in Pa.

IMO ,QVC,is sooo greedy,it  bites off more than they can chew!