Contributor

Re: Shipping is going to sink the Q

Just have to vent.  Placed an order April 26 that is still "in process".  Called customer service 5/8 and they said it would ship by end of day.  Checking this morning (5/9), order is still "in process".  Tried to cancel and could not.  I am very frustrated.  Apparently customer service has no idea what is going on.  

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@millieshops   Just an FYI.  It's not usually necessary to pay shipping for Amazon orders, even if you're not a prime member.  I'm not prime, but I rarely pay shipping on my Amazon orders.  Many items are already listed with free shipping, and others ship free if over $25.  You can pay more if you select the accelerated shipping, but even with the standard shippng, I often receive my items the next day or the day after that.

@2blondeThe only difference for not being prime is the 2 day shipping?   I am prime but now rethinking it.  

Trusted Contributor

@iwrite wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

I know the vast majority of people in my income range pay Amazon for free shipping -  which in and of itself is an oxymoron!  The system works best for Amazon which starts off with a billion dollars, but it also works well for businesses which use them for millions of dollars worth of what rwlly does become free shipping when one order might use the whole price.

@millieshops 

LOL, you are so right. paying for free shipping, makes the shipping not free , , , regardless of the income range

@millieshops  If you order a lot of heavy things from Amazon, water, coconut oil.... being an Amazon Prime member is almost as good as free. It more than pays for itself.

Respected Contributor

@Pecky   Seriously, I would never pay for prime if it was just to get the free shipping.  I can't remember the last time I had to pay shipping for Amazon, and I buy pretty frequently from them.  It always says that the free shipping will take a week or so, rather than if I pay the extra cost, but it still arrives in less than a week anyway.......usually a day or two.  Once I ordered an item on Saturday, and it arrived on Sunday morning!  I should add that I live fairly close to one of their warehouses.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC is working toward improving.  They've been having "growing pains" with the acquisition of HSN.  They've purchased a 1 million plus sq ft warehouse in Bethlehem, Pa., that's being remodeled and outfitted for their purpose.  Expect to move in early next year.  Possibly the largest warehouse in Pa.

IMO ,QVC,is sooo greedy,it  bites off more than they can chew! 

@MalteseMomma I agree! No more excuses QVC, this has gone on for long enough. 

Respected Contributor

I have Amazon Prime and will get rid of it after a show only airing on Prime starting this month will end. But I do buy from them frequently and like getting it the next day or in 2 days if I can't get out to the stores. 

As for QVC, they definitely needs to get their act together---especially before the holiday shopping season comes around again.

Honored Contributor

@KetraAt I said, I know it pays for plenty of people -  that's especially true for small businesses and big families who buy lots and buy often. I don't know all that many people who are in the upper income ranges who are terribly stupid about their buying habits. For the most part tbhey know what they're doing.

I know that is I were a different kind of buyer, I would/could also profit from belonging to Amazon.  All I had to do for the year I did have a Prime membership was to do my analysis.  For my fee, I got 9 deliveries, 2 free books (one of which wasn't bad), and a chance to catch up on Downton Abbey which was available only on Amazon that year. Just not enough for me to continue the way I was using them.  I was just subsidizing their losses with those who do order large and heavy frequent orders. No real reason to keep doing that.  

On average, members of Prime spend nearly 1/3 more than those of us who don't belong. That's why it pays for so many even though it didn't help me.  And I buy far less every where now than I was doing during the year I did belong.  Like the posters who say they save money here at the Q when they don't like a host, I probably save a few extra dollars by avoiding the lure of that "free" shipping.  One-click shopping is way too convenient for millions of people!

Valued Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC is working toward improving.  They've been having "growing pains" with the acquisition of HSN.  They've purchased a 1 million plus sq ft warehouse in Bethlehem, Pa., that's being remodeled and outfitted for their purpose.  Expect to move in early next year.  Possibly the largest warehouse in Pa.

But you do enjoy complaining and getting things for free!  Chew Chew Chew!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Warrior2022 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

But you do enjoy complaining and getting things for free!  Chew Chew Chew!

@Warrior2022 Your response is odd in an incoherent way. Who are you even talking to?

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I agree, amazon's delivery is awesome - and I no longer do prime!

Recently purchased a mini-mixer from KA with discounts free shpg, etc. I received it a day earlier than expected, withint a week!  So, with a discount I ordered a slicer-dicer attachment whh was on sale yesterday.  Shipping was supposed to be $4.99 ( their standard chge), but the cust svc rep took that off 'cause I had called as was unable to put order through - not sure if my horribly sow laptop or the KA site.  I did not complain, just exlained I needed help!  Anyways, this item should arrive within seven days.

I can sympathize wth the Q's shpg problems - to a point!  Imo when things are "in process" for an extended time, I should be able to just cancel instead of waiting endlessly.  I also don't like that they charge $3.50 to $5.50 for each and every item that they mail out in the same package.  (I like things being sent in one pkg (environmentally sound), but shpg charges should be adjusted.)

Anyways, agree with your post - shpg may sink the Q!

Just an update re shipping times.  The order I put in late Tuesday afternoon arrived today at 1:15!  I could get used to this!Woman Very Happy