Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping is going to sink the Q

Terrible... items in processing for soooo long.  Needed several items for mothers day and ordered well in advance.  Needed one in particular for Sunday and its supposedly arriving not till Monday.  It was in processing for 5 days.  I tried to cancel yesterday, but couldnt.  I would have sent item straight to their home had I known there was going to be such a delay, But since they were visiting I wanted to give it to my guest.  Very disappointing. 

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you on the propriety brands, because right now I’m a huge Anybody fan. Great quality for the price. And you reminded me of another dissatisfaction I have with the Q when you said you would buy multiple WWC TSV’s, and that is having to pay shipping and handling on each item. I bought 4 Anybody tops recently and it cost $15 to ship a bag that weighed practically nothing. And i received it 10 days later. Or other times I may order multiple identical items and they all ship and arrive separately. So inefficient. 

Occasional Contributor

That has happened to me too where Ive ordered a bag and shoes for vacation. Ordered 2 weeks in advance, but still didn’t arrive in time! I feel at the very least shipping should be refunded when not received by the EDD given at time of purchase. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC is working toward improving.  They've been having "growing pains" with the acquisition of HSN.  They've purchased a 1 million plus sq ft warehouse in Bethlehem, Pa., that's being remodeled and outfitted for their purpose.  Expect to move in early next year.  Possibly the largest warehouse in Pa.

------------------

I had a shipping problem with an order taking 16 days to get to me!  I wanted to wear a jacket and I ordered with plenty of time.  But it came two days after the date!!!

I called CS and was told the same thing....problems because of adding HSN to the company! 

My thought -- QVC, plan ahead...work out any possible shipping issues before any big moves!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Disagree with those of you who mentioned that QVC's proprietary brands are worth it.  D&C, SG, QF type items can be found elsewhere.  I just received 2 tops from Lord & Taylor.  No scratchy labels, not made in China, one is 100% cotton, the other a soft cotton/rayon.  Total cost including s&h -- under $23.00.  Ordered on the 4th, received the 8th.

I am also not happy since QVC and HSN are being operated as one.  HSN is not having the price reductions they once had and is charging s/h for shoes which they never did in the past.  

Now that all stores have a website (not true when the Q began) the novelty of the shopping networks for me is over.

Valued Contributor

So well said and I totally agree!!! Thanks for sharing your experience with Amazon as it compares to QVC. I haven't read all the posts but there are some diehard, do nothing else but post to the QVC that continue to support QVC in their posts, what is up with that!!! You nailed it.

Valued Contributor

This is YOUR opinion!  Nothing more, QVC doesn't care about the customers, and that is a fact, or else they would have used their website, FOR FREE, to explain all the problems.  They decided not too, thus people are leaving them.  It is not about growing pains, it is about the CEO and corporate being clueless about shipping.  

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Disagree with those of you who mentioned that QVC's proprietary brands are worth it.  D&C, SG, QF type items can be found elsewhere.  I just received 2 tops from Lord & Taylor.  No scratchy labels, not made in China, one is 100% cotton, the other a soft cotton/rayon.  Total cost including s&h -- under $23.00.  Ordered on the 4th, received the 8th.

I am also not happy since QVC and HSN are being operated as one.  HSN is not having the price reductions they once had and is charging s/h for shoes which they never did in the past.  

Now that all stores have a website (not true when the Q began) the novelty of the shopping networks for me is over.

@kaydee50.  HSN was poorly managed by their CEO,  and their generosity with free shipping and coupons was causing them to operate in the red.  If they'd continued and QVC hadn't bailed them out, they'd probably be bankrupt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I know the vast majority of people in my income range pay Amazon for free shipping -  which in and of itself is an oxymoron!  The system works best for Amazon which starts off with a billion dollars, but it also works well for businesses which use them for millions of dollars worth of what rwlly does become free shipping when one order might use the whole price.

@millieshops 

LOL, you are so right. paying for free shipping, makes the shipping not free , , , regardless of the income range

Valued Contributor

i can't help but wonder if it's the 'process' or lack of enough people to pack the orders, that is what takes so long for something to leave their shipping facility. sometimes, i check my orders 3 days after i placed it and see that it still hasn't been shipped.

i don't see the value in having a prime account just for shipping, unless you have to have everything immediately or if one places a lot of orders that are less than $25. like many others, i get my amazon (no prime involved) orders in less than a week, without paying shipping.