Occasional Contributor

Shipping is going to sink the Q

Seriously, for being a strictly electronic retailer that has been around for 30+ years, why can’t QVC figure out how to streamline its shipping process? It takes entirely way too long to receive items from QVC. And your free exchanges and returns is a complete farce. By the time the exchange is processed the item in the color or size you want is gone! Absolutely ridiculous!  

Here’s a recent experience I had with Amazon. Last Monday I ordered a pair of Clarks Lexi marigolds from Amazon (and they were only $58, and not an “as is”), I received them the next day Tuesday. The size was wrong so I dropped them off Wednesday in the mailbox for an exchange. My refund to my MasterCard was processed within one hour of me dropping off my package at UPS. On Friday, I received the size that I needed. That is the online shopping experience that customers are coming to expect. QVC, if you don’t get this figured out, you will likely fail. 

Every time that I am going to purchase something from QVC, I first look to see if it is either sold at Amazon, Zappos, or Sephora. Especially if I need it in a hurry. I will get it quicker and if I need to return it I will be refunded my money quicker. I might pay a little more, but I might pay less, and even if I do pay a little more it is worth it for the reduced aggravation. Seriously, if it wasn’t for liking some of the hosts on QVC, I wouldn’t even bother to turn it on anymore.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping is going to sink the Q

I know the vast majority of people in my income range pay Amazon for free shipping -  which in and of itself is an oxymoron!  The system works best for Amazon which starts off with a billion dollars, but it also works well for businesses which use them for millions of dollars worth of what rwlly does become free shipping when one order might use the whole price.

But for shoppers like me, it doesn't pay to enrich Amazon -  AND so far I haven't hit any of the QVC disasters in shipping.  It's been maybe 15 years since I received the wrong item and over 20 since I received anything defective.  Not bad because in those years I was buying and buying and buying.

Now I buy very little, but I not because I'm displeased.  AS I said in another thread -  my last order arrived yesterday a few days before I expected it!  More than good enough for me.  Until I just can't, I will not pay ahead for shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

IMO it's precisely because of how long they've been around.  Others, who have come later, have had an opportunity to build infrastructure more precisely tailored to the changing electronic world.

QVC is not the only place that does not deliver like Amazon, that I order from.  And they don't offer just one category of products, as some retailers do.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@millieshops   Just an FYI.  It's not usually necessary to pay shipping for Amazon orders, even if you're not a prime member.  I'm not prime, but I rarely pay shipping on my Amazon orders.  Many items are already listed with free shipping, and others ship free if over $25.  You can pay more if you select the accelerated shipping, but even with the standard shippng, I often receive my items the next day or the day after that.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, amazon's delivery is awesome - and I no longer do prime!

Recently purchased a mini-mixer from KA with discounts free shpg, etc. I received it a day earlier than expected, withint a week!  So, with a discount I ordered a slicer-dicer attachment whh was on sale yesterday.  Shipping was supposed to be $4.99 ( their standard chge), but the cust svc rep took that off 'cause I had called as was unable to put order through - not sure if my horribly sow laptop or the KA site.  I did not complain, just exlained I needed help!  Anyways, this item should arrive within seven days.

I can sympathize wth the Q's shpg problems - to a point!  Imo when things are "in process" for an extended time, I should be able to just cancel instead of waiting endlessly.  I also don't like that they charge $3.50 to $5.50 for each and every item that they mail out in the same package.  (I like things being sent in one pkg (environmentally sound), but shpg charges should be adjusted.)

Anyways, agree with your post - shpg may sink the Q!

Honored Contributor

Besides the prolonged shipping time, the ridiculous amount of time it takes to receive a refund will help sink it too, IMO.

I'm waiting for 3 refunds, which were received at QVC over a week ago and I didn't even use their 'snail mail' return label, I paid on my own dime (dollars).

After 24 years, I've decided to just stop ordering from QVC.

You don't have to beat me in the head with a rock, before I 'get it'.

Welcome to the "new and improved QVC"......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I know the vast majority of people in my income range pay Amazon for free shipping -  which in and of itself is an oxymoron!  The system works best for Amazon which starts off with a billion dollars, but it also works well for businesses which use them for millions of dollars worth of what rwlly does become free shipping when one order might use the whole price.

But for shoppers like me, it doesn't pay to enrich Amazon -  AND so far I haven't hit any of the QVC disasters in shipping.  It's been maybe 15 years since I received the wrong item and over 20 since I received anything defective.  Not bad because in those years I was buying and buying and buying.

Now I buy very little, but I not because I'm displeased.  AS I said in another thread -  my last order arrived yesterday a few days before I expected it!  More than good enough for me.  Until I just can't, I will not pay ahead for shipping.

@millieshops, actually, I've stopped Prime.  I always check the extended free shipping box, yet I receive items in the same or better timeline than with Prime!  You do have to spend $25 per order, so I wait; or, no shpg charges on subscribe and save - which I do a lot!Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@CharboPiplou wrote:

Seriously, for being a strictly electronic retailer that has been around for 30+ years, why can’t QVC figure out how to streamline its shipping process? It takes entirely way too long to receive items from QVC. And your free exchanges and returns is a complete farce. By the time the exchange is processed the item in the color or size you want is gone! Absolutely ridiculous!  

Here’s a recent experience I had with Amazon. Last Monday I ordered a pair of Clarks Lexi marigolds from Amazon (and they were only $58, and not an “as is”), I received them the next day Tuesday. The size was wrong so I dropped them off Wednesday in the mailbox for an exchange. My refund to my MasterCard was processed within one hour of me dropping off my package at UPS. On Fridaich is also a pain.  y, I received the size that I needed. That is the online shopping experience that customers are coming to expect. QVC, if you don’t get this figured out, you will likely fail. 

Every time that I am going to purchase something from QVC, I first look to see if it is either sold at Amazon, Zappos, or Sephora. Especially if I need it in a hurry. I will get it quicker and if I need to return it I will be refunded my money quicker. I might pay a little more, but I might pay less, and even if I do pay a little more it is worth it for the reduced aggravation. Seriously, if it wasn’t for liking some of the hosts on QVC, I wouldn’t even bother to turn it on anymore.

I agree with you.  I ordered from HSN and QVC on the same day.  HSN came yesterday and QVC still in process.  You can't cancel an order easily anymore which is also a pain.  I also check Amazon before I order anything.  I have Prime so I save on gas running to the store and when I can orfer something for under $10 and get it sane day it's well worth it.  

Honored Contributor

@2blondeI already know Amazon does that -I just no longer care to order enough to make it worth my while to wend through their website.  

Now, I shop locally as much as possible and for me I know that's working well.  In most months, over 90% of my charge bills are for fresh groceries, gasoline, and utilities.  Very little goes to the kinds of things I might order from Amazon -- or QVC or even local clothing stores.

Now when I pull up Amazon, it's almost always to read a book review beforew I head to my local library.  

Honored Contributor

@eddyandmeAbsolutelyagree.   the only way for me to shop Amazon is with free shipping.  If something costs less than their bottom limit, it's probably very similarly priced near me locally -  I'm fortunate to live within what's still wonderful brick and mortar relail.